Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And they ride off to the sunset
10-16-2013, 03:28 AM,
RE: And they ride off to the sunset
Quote:the new Outhouse printer does books with larger pages than the printernator ran

Will the larger pages accommodate the hole in the up left corner to hold them on the nail, whilst you do your business Big Grin
10-16-2013, 04:16 AM,
I can how this may upset diehard collectors of the supplements and books but in my case, as long as there are new products to replace the old I'll be content. I prefer boxed sets anyway as they are playable alone, except for some that require two copies of the game. It irks me enough that so many supplements require ownership of so many other counters and maps to complete all the scenarios in them. On the other hand, I am glad that I own a copy of 'South Africa's War' along with 'The Kings Officers' and the out of print 'Airborne' 1st edition. I suppose that I am one of the few players that is content with trying to finish one game or theater of war or period theme before tackling another. Even if AP stopped all production right now I have enough unplayed PG to last a year right now as I haven't even played one scenario of 'Eastern Front' or 'Airborne' yet. I do anticipate the future releases of 'Conquest of Ethiopia' and 'An Army at Dawn' to continue my Desert war/Africa ventures. If AP can take chances with the Ethiopian conflict and continue to produce then perhaps there is a chance that the Spanish Civil War will be covered to replace or assimilate 'Blue Division'. In the meantime, not losing sleep over all this and am happy with the modest 6 games that I do own.
10-16-2013, 04:19 AM,
I don't remember if it was in a daily content or in a newsletter but Mike once explained why ziippies were hurting AVP's position on the distributor front. That they will be no more does not surprise me at all. I also expect the supplement books which require more than 2 or 3 box games to play to disappear over the next year or two. It makes too much sense to remove them from the catalog if AVP wants to sell products through distribution channels.

I am a bit surprised at the removal of the downloads, at least so quickly. I expected few, if any efforts would be done to add downloads and assumed they would be removed when they no longer generated sufficient sales but the timing is a bit perplexing. Maybe it's as simple as AVP wanting to introduce the "AVP re-invented" product lines to new customers and not show the old product types they are no longer willing to develop.

I am very unlikely to purchase a White Eagles box, even with entirely new scenarios, because I believe 80 scenarios with Polish troops is more than enough already. I would probably purchase a Romanian box but I also hope it is published after we see Sicily, China, Philippines, and Greece to name a few.
10-16-2013, 01:44 PM,
(10-15-2013, 01:07 PM)Matt W Wrote: The story is outstanding with an Army of Free Poland running across Northern Germany to start an insurrection in Poland during a 1948 WW III. The mix of units is fun with advanced tanks on both sides. If you like the Iron Curtain/Patton's Nightmare/Hammer & Sickle series this will work well. I enjoy it. There are ten scenarios, most of them pretty large. I've played three.

Thanks
10-17-2013, 01:01 AM,
One of the disappearing downloads has a bright future to it. Unfortunately, I'm not refering to Walzing Matilda, which I'd love to see in laser cut form.