Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And they ride off to the sunset
10-15-2013, 01:16 AM,
And they ride off to the sunset
Wow, News from the Front has just announced the sunseting of all the combed books and downloads. You better get them fast as there are some big names that are required for other supplements. Red Warriors to name the biggest.
10-15-2013, 05:19 AM,
RE: And they ride off to the sunset
Red Warriors includes a great scenario package and the countersheet from the long departed Heros.
South Africa and Blue division give you scenarios and countersheets for two nationalities. Polish Steel gives you a small linear campaign during the WW3 of 1948 with lots of British manufactured tanks of the post war era. If you don't have any of these three, they will be gone after Oct 31.
10-15-2013, 05:48 AM,
(10-15-2013, 05:19 AM)larry marak Wrote: Red Warriors includes a great scenario package and the countersheet from the long departed Heros.
South Africa and Blue division give you scenarios and countersheets for two nationalities. Polish Steel gives you a small linear campaign during the WW3 of 1948 with lots of British manufactured tanks of the post war era. If you don't have any of these three, they will be gone after Oct 31.

Note: Polish Steel also includes a number of American tanks (e.g Pershings and Chaffees) as well as something called Tygyrs...
No "minor" country left behind...
10-15-2013, 12:44 PM,
Is Polish Steel really any good?
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM,
The story is outstanding with an Army of Free Poland running across Northern Germany to start an insurrection in Poland during a 1948 WW III. The mix of units is fun with advanced tanks on both sides. If you like the Iron Curtain/Patton's Nightmare/Hammer & Sickle series this will work well. I enjoy it. There are ten scenarios, most of them pretty large. I've played three.
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM,
I once had set a goal of acquiring each PG game that included counters, but my home finances have prevented purchases for awhile now. I understand their wishes to clear out inventory, but with almost no secondhand market for PG I am a bit disappointed these will be retired.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-15-2013, 06:25 PM,
(10-15-2013, 05:36 PM)Shad Wrote: but my home finances have prevented purchases for awhile now.

That the price you pay for having to many fiances !!
10-15-2013, 09:38 PM,
Hmm they may be riding off into the sunset, but knowing AP they will be returning under a different name/disguise or am I just too cynical
10-16-2013, 02:35 AM,
Wayne, Mike said as much on CSW
10-16-2013, 02:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 02:59 AM by larry marak.)
White Eagles will eventually be a boxed game. The Romanian trilogy will be expanded and produced as a boxed game, with a counter suite that includes the Romanians from EDF and a number of new units. Power of the East will be replaced by a new design, also probably boxed. But all this is down the road and depends on Avalanche continuing its slow climb out of near insolvency. Why Jay's 2 year old (Nihon Silk) has to die, even as a download, is beyond me.

For those of you for whom Avalanche is also a salty treat, the plan is for both the Tsar's Navy and Imperial and Royal Navy to go into drydock and emerge with their Second Great War at Sea upgrade, along with an Ottoman expansion, and there are vague hints that PanzerGrenadier will also see Second Great War supplements. We might even see a SGW edition of JP3rdReich down the line.

There are a number of books that are in limbo right now though. Inhouse printing is dead, and the new Outhouse printer does books with larger pages than the printernator ran, so such products as Plan Scarlet, Combined Fleet, and the two Campaigns and Commanders books need to either be recomposed for the printers or dropped all together. The same question will come up with every book supplement printed before 2012 as the stock declines.