Poll: Would you pay for 20 more PG maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not Interested
22.22%
6 22.22%
I'd pay up to $100
62.96%
17 62.96%
I'd pay up to $150
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps
10-02-2013, 03:01 AM,
RE: Maps
New scenario books would be a hard-to-resist proposition, Guy; not only do I get new scenarios but I get to replace my maps at a reasonable cost.
10-02-2013, 03:28 AM,
Mirroring Shad's opinion I don't have the kind of disposable income it takes to buy a set of just maps. I'd rather pay for more stuff for VASSAL, because for me VASSAL is such a great tool and anything to advance PG with VASSAL is awesome. Maybe sell a PDF copy for each scenario book for $10 - $15 for each VASSAL module released. That'd be low overhead.
10-02-2013, 08:37 AM,
(10-02-2013, 03:01 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: New scenario books would be a hard-to-resist proposition, Guy; not only do I get new scenarios but I get to replace my maps at a reasonable cost.

exactly what I'm thinking. A release schedule of a couple replacement maps along with added scenario value seems like a good proposition at a cost spread out over probably a couple years, vs having to pony up the costs up front for "just maps." We'll see what Mike says...it may be awhile though, when he's super busy like he is now, "ideas" get shuffled to the bottom of the stack. Don't see his schedule easing up through the end of the year though with the slew of releases coming down the pike.
10-02-2013, 02:42 PM,
I just want to see Mike and Guy get to my two Guam & Tinian maps.
10-02-2013, 02:47 PM,
I voted in favor of the $5/each version. I can't afford it right now but I'm giving a supportive vote for it. I also think you should ask this question over on the Panzergrenadier thread on Consimworld. There are people who post there who don't come here.
10-06-2013, 12:32 PM,
Actually I'd be more likely to pay for new Afrika Korps and Desert Rats maps
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM,
And I would like to see the paper map tradition of AK and DR continued so that we don't have half paper, half cardboard for that theatre. The problem with doing panel maps as replacement for AK/DR is that both those games utilized variable terrain...placement of markers makes shaded areas ocean, or impassible terrain, or simply rough terrain.

Of course, I have pre-ordered Tunisia and Ethiopia already.

I've always liked historical maps for the battlefield. The plus is you are playing on the actual terrain contours of the historical battlefield (Beyond Normandy, Cassino). The negative is that you are limited to that battlefield only, so its quite a stretch to use the BN map to represent actions from Anvil Dragoon, or the Cassino Map to represent fighting in the Caucasus Mountains, or the Wehrmacht attempting to force its way into Switzerland.