Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] PG for the ACW
02-06-2013, 10:47 AM,
RE: PG for the ACW
This is a nice piece. I would suggest, however, that the canvas is a bit more broad that just the ACW. The German wars of unification and the Crimean war would follow the same rule set and provide for some tie ins with other Avalanche products. Early on with PG, there were attempts to show how PG scenarios fit into the operational games they also marketed. This might provide for some spin off marketing opportunities and be more attractive from that standpoint, as the only ACW product currently available from Avalanche is Chickamauga & Chattanooga.
No "minor" country left behind...
02-07-2013, 09:44 AM,
I would agree with Camp Sawyer, have you checked out Infantry Attack series? The series not only deals with assault combat with edged type weapons and larger units, but also artillery missions before the advent of radios and smoke generated by period rifle fire.

This thread raises a more generic question. Should pg-hq cover Infantry Attack series along with Panzer Grenadier? There are many similarities between the two series, in fact, they are part of the same family of games. And should Modern Grenadier be included too? Maybe Shad (or someelse) could conduct a poll?

Thanks for reading my 2 cents.
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM,
At this point the maps from IA which are used in PG scenarios are included here. If and when IA takes off (i.e. several more boxed games) I would expect more integration, since they are essentially the same game.