Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] PG for the ACW
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM,
PG for the ACW
Hi all,

Lately I've been kicking around an idea: How would Panzer Grenadier look retrofitted to the American Civil War? I decided to give it a go, and thus this supplement. It requires that you own at least one stand-alone PG game. Other than that, its free.

This is a complete game, simulating Emory Upton's assault at the Mule Shoe during the Spotsylvania campaign. The map is about the size of single section from, say, Bulge or Road to Berlin. The counters come with mounting instructions. The rules assume you are a skilled PG player.

Please download and take a look. By all means, let me know your thoughts.

Attached Files
.pdf   MuleShoeComplete.pdf (Size: 2.37 MB / Downloads: 29)
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM,
RE: PG for the ACW
Would you mind posting pages 14 through 22 on a separate PDF? I print components at a local print shop and they prefer to print all pages, rather than just selected pages.

I will assemble later this month and give it a try in March.
02-05-2013, 10:54 PM,
Here you are. Please let me know how it goes.

Attached Files
.pdf   ChartsMapsCountersMuleShoe.pdf (Size: 1.26 MB / Downloads: 13)
02-05-2013, 11:34 PM,
Wow, quite a bit of work you have invested in this. It looks interesting. One point to add, have you seen Infantry Attacks? It has some rules that deal with larger formations as well as charges.
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM,
Yes, I have Infantry Attacks. Forgot about the charges though. Will need to review. Thanks for the tip.
02-06-2013, 03:57 AM,
(02-05-2013, 11:53 PM)dengelwood Wrote: Yes, I have Infantry Attacks. Forgot about the charges though. Will need to review. Thanks for the tip.

Also larger formations.
02-06-2013, 07:28 AM,
I've looked through the rules and I like what I see. I'd really love to see this one in print.

Have you sent this to Dr. Mike? He'd be happy to have a new game franchise. Last time I was there helping out he mentioned the idea of a 'Civil War Panzer Grenadier' using the same map scale as PG as a possible project. (I proposed each boxed game should concentrate on the engagements of a famous unit -- first game: Iron Brigade).

If you're not sure, there are several people on PG-HQ who can tell you what it's like working with him on a new game.
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM,
Well, I've sent the game off to APL, but it was to the generic Customer Service address, so I fear it may go nowhere, unnoticed and unread. I've never received a response from that address so I really wonder how often its even monitored. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts at APL, so I'm stuck staying "in-channel" which may be the same as dropping it off a cliff.

I'd really like this to be considered as I think the system has potential.
02-06-2013, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM by Hugmenot.)
If you're registered on consimworld, you can always ask Avalanche Press which email to send game prototype and then say after you sent it.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6fed8
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM,
Well, that's a great idea! Thanks, will do that.