Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night turn direct fire modifiers when visibility is 2 hexes.
08-23-2013, 01:37 PM,
RE: Night turn direct fire modifiers when visibility is 2 hexes.
Noon lit nights, equals 2 hex visibility.
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM,
Okay, I think I have everything cleared up now with night turns but I got confused with the walk/drive in my tracks rule earlier. Now I can advance with AFVs at night as long as there is a tank leader activating units. The last two night scenarios I was actually waiting for INF or HMG units to cover ground first before advancing with armor. I suppose the moon-lit nights with a visibility of 2 hexes could have something to do with the North African desert location or time of year but in 'Afrika Korps' night turn visibility was the standard 1 hex. Whereas the one night turn scenario from 'Desert Rats'; #6-Night Flight, with a 1 hex range takes place further South in Eritrea. I had been using the -1 modifier with 2 hex visibility but everytime I looked at the direct fire table it bothered me so I had to ask!
08-23-2013, 06:21 PM,
Asking is good. That's why we have this forum. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM,
(08-23-2013, 06:21 PM)Shad Wrote: Asking is good. That's why we have this forum. Smile

I'll be sure to have a few more questions concerning the next two upcoming DR scenarios but they have more to do with scenario design and not core rules, such as the HQ unit in DR #27 or the leaderless tanks in DR#29 but with a different post. This site and forum are great because it is the first interaction I've had with anyone who has played PG so before the only info I could get was from the AP site. In the meantime I have at least a good three or four days with the current scenario but will continue to catch up with logging in past plays.