Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Panzer Grendier to Panzer Grenadier (Modern)
05-30-2013, 07:30 AM,
RE: Panzer Grendier to Panzer Grenadier (Modern)
I believe the increase of hidden units is more of a designers desire for more uncertainity in the battles. John S. has made it clear that hidden unit rules are optional as well as added a solo hidden rules to the game.
05-30-2013, 07:54 AM,
I wonder ?

Are the DF fire-charts the same ?

If so, does this make the 2 units per hex a 'fudge' fix ? By that I mean would 3 unit stacks have simply to much pizazz on the DF fire-columns (such as 45+). Now that there are 10 FP Marines in WW2 I can only imagine what the 1980's and beyond will bring.

That said, if the fire charts are different, then all the above means nothing. But I'd like to know.
05-30-2013, 09:03 AM,
Last I knew same fire charts. John S. was toying with making the assault chart a 2d6 instead of d6.

That said, with the cap taken off the DF column shifts the attacks are going to be a bit less effective. I believe the cap helped the negative shifts more than the positive,at least that is what I saw with playtesting.
06-02-2013, 05:15 AM,
(05-30-2013, 09:03 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Last I knew same fire charts. John S. was toying with making the assault chart a 2d6 instead of d6.

That said, with the cap taken off the DF column shifts the attacks are going to be a bit less effective. I believe the cap helped the negative shifts more than the positive,at least that is what I saw with playtesting.

I found that taking the cap off column shifts made DF in Infantry Attacks far more devastating. Why would it be different in Modern?
06-02-2013, 07:47 AM,
I am thinking of long range MG shots into towns. By positioning them 3+ hexes away you loses the -1 shift for range giving a 7 column shot on an original 16 or a 11 on a original 22. Both give slightly better shots.

I would agree on IA about positive shifts as the multi-stack shift comes into play much more than PG.
06-02-2013, 07:53 AM,
IA has +1 (+2) modifiers for firing at company (ies). which helps push the final modifier beyond +3. DF is a more potent in IA and I finding I have to adopt different tactics than I do in PG.

Does Modern PG includes new +1 modifiers that are frequently used?
06-02-2013, 10:28 AM,
There wasn't any during playtesting. Size is still platoon level. I believe John S. changed stacking to you can have more than three units but penalties increase with more units.