Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT Ditch
02-07-2013, 03:00 AM,
RE: AT Ditch
Quote:I'll see to make the counters myself, don't want to disturb.
I don't get it, this is a forum and I offered. I'm also pretty good at making counters, so I think I have valuable advise in that area. Mostly that is because, if want something, I tend to just make it.

Anyway, you will still need the Elsenborne:BB2 maps, and probably the planes. You can use the leader generator tool to keep the right leader mix for the scenarios. For the maps you might consider the Winter Wonderland accessory.

The Volkgrenadiers can be downloaded here. Bluebell88 (His real name is Tim) went crazy a while back and reposted a lot of AP stuff, the Volkgrenadiers are here.

I posted my DYI counter method here. Don't hesitate to ask.
02-07-2013, 04:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 04:10 AM by Memenne.)
Thank you for your help !

I have Elsenborn :BB2, so I have these maps.

About the Volksgrenadier : they are the same as the usual GREN, isn't it ? The difference is the "insignia", right ?
02-07-2013, 04:21 AM,
(02-06-2013, 05:49 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Invasion of Germany is only available via download.

That isn't so bad, firstly because it is cheaper that way, secondly it is easier to enter the errata. IG kept the errors from the original modules, so I would want something that would work with a PDF editor, or a reader that saves comments.

I ordered IoG early on in my PG "career" and got the printed book. Are the errata contained in one place or do I need to look at all 5 former expansions to get those?
02-07-2013, 05:00 AM,
Manu, when the VG is called for in the scenarios, they have different moral. Otherwise, yes they are the same as regular GREN.

Tony, all the errata is in place, The Unofficial players Guide. Unfortunately, the errata is listed according to the original modules. I made up a scenario reference list many moons ago. It should help you muddle through.
02-07-2013, 05:40 AM,
OK, so you need the counters if the German OB mixes VG and no-VG.

Thank you again !
02-07-2013, 07:21 AM,
IRRC, at least one supplement uses Volksgrenadiers in a couple of scenarios. While you can download and make your own VG counters, AP also suggests using LW paratroopers instead. The firepower factors are the same; the different unit types allow you to distinguish between the army and VG troops. Of course you'd want to use regular army leaders.

That solution might not work for everybody, but it beats making counters that have a very limited utility.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
02-07-2013, 01:38 PM,
Quote:That solution might not work for everybody, but it beats making counters that have a very limited utility.

Perhaps, but I made the rest of a VG regiment to play with. Not all the good sessions come from the published scenarios.