Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Still more sales of PG games
12-22-2012, 03:25 AM,
RE: Still more sales of PG games
I'd recommend Mediterranean for the reasons already stated (more likely contact in operational scenarios) and Beyond Normandy if you are mainly playing solo due to LOS problems...Normandy provides you with the maps and counters for Campaigns and Commanders' Normandy campaign, which also includes an alternate set of LOS rules for Hedgerows, as well as counters needed for a certain British fall 44 supplement that will be coming out in the next 6 months.
12-22-2012, 04:27 AM,
Thanks for the insight Larry.

By the way, are you going to give us an AAR for this holiday season? As I wrote before; I enjoy reading your posts and would love to read one of your AARs!
12-22-2012, 04:38 AM,
For GWWAS, Jutland has a lot of scenarios mostly on the bigger side but you get the Grand Fleet and the High Seas fleet. Battle scenarios are good.

Med is good as well just smaller scenarios with a wider array of nations and smaller fleets. Good extensions for Austria-Hungary Imperial Navy also Turkey and Russia.

For PG - BN gives you the British for other supplements like Black SS and Panzer Lehr. Scenarios are ok, some long some short. I hate the maps, horrible design. SSR's are ok not that bad after a few plays.

Cassino is another "staple" game. Need the American OoB for other supplements. Maps are beautiful but big, this has been a issue for me playing, no space for the monsters. SSR's are good as well as the campaign game that is in there.

Tough choice Tony all have pluses and minuses.
12-22-2012, 04:41 AM,
Quote:alternate set of LOS rules for Hedgerows

Careful Larry, these are not an alternative, there are two different rules for hedgerows in the system, just as there are two different types in Normandy.
12-22-2012, 05:40 AM,
Thanks all for the feedback on the games. As far as PG is concerned, I don't have the room issue as I have a ping-pong table in the basement that I can take over for a session if need be. I noticed in a lot of my scenario books that Cassino 44 is required for alot of games - mostly because of the M10, which seems like it doesn't appear anywhere else as a counter. Also, the price is fairly reasonable (with the GC discount bringing it down to $40). BN appeals because it means that I can play the rest of Black SS and I do agree on the maps, Alan.

On GWAS, I like the thought of smaller fleets and I have the golden journal 2012 which has the extra counters which seem to go with the Med.
Decisions, decisions...
12-22-2012, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012, 10:46 AM by larry marak.)
So far I've picked up Eastern Fleet for $16 which gives me maps for Bay of Bengal and counters for the Combined Fleet supplement for Coral Sea, and Cruiser Warfare (infamous for its poor editing) to provide counters for Bay of Bengal :-}. Gotta to contact J6A about Desert Rats.