Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FoF #17 Piercing the Iron Line
11-11-2012, 08:31 AM,
RE: FoF #17 Piercing the Iron Line
    The French positions seen by the Germans (from the east). Sart-Ernage farm is in the center behind the woods. Legend says : I/2e RTM ('M' stands for Morrocans) HQ.
11-11-2012, 09:41 AM,
Leonard, Thanks for the pics.

one map question for you. hex 32/601 is it a town hex or just map art?
11-11-2012, 12:40 PM,
(11-10-2012, 12:57 PM)campsawyer Wrote: For the scenario, edge of the battle.

Just FYI, blue painter's tape works very well on plexiglass to denote edge of battle areas. I've used it several times in BN scenarios.
11-12-2012, 01:38 AM,
(11-11-2012, 09:41 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Leonard, Thanks for the pics.

one map question for you. hex 32/601 is it a town hex or just map art?

On my original design, it is a town hex, indeed.
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM,
(11-10-2012, 12:51 PM)campsawyer Wrote: This is quite a scenario for FoF 1940. Massive amounts of infantry, massive amounts of artillery, massive amounts of aircraft and all on less than one board. I started this with my Skype buddy Wayne today and what a battle. His French artillery has done the most damage to score most of the German losses. I though I never would make it to the towns, but eventually did and the assaults went my way, for the most part. We have only been through six turns but it is still close. We have probably 3-4 more sessions to go with this one as it is a tough nut for the Germans. Here is the situation after turn 6.

Man, I love the Guy Reissen maps - FaoF is definitely my next purchase - especially with the Black November sale.
11-12-2012, 08:57 PM,
(11-11-2012, 08:25 AM)leonard Wrote: And the sunken railway line.

Lenard,

Thats a great picture an really gives me an impression of why they are treated like dug in you will see that I have based my left flank defense on the sunken railway. our picture have made both these scenario's more enthralling for me. Thank you
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM,
(11-10-2012, 12:51 PM)campsawyer Wrote: This is quite a scenario for FoF 1940. Massive amounts of infantry, massive amounts of artillery, massive amounts of aircraft and all on less than one board. I started this with my Skype buddy Wayne today and what a battle. His French artillery has done the most damage to score most of the German losses. I though I never would make it to the towns, but eventually did and the assaults went my way, for the most part. We have only been through six turns but it is still close. We have probably 3-4 more sessions to go with this one as it is a tough nut for the Germans. Here is the situation after turn 6.

I hate Captain Impervious (10 morale with a +2 Col next to him)
This is a tense scenario for sure and while quietly confident that I can hold the line, if I was a betting man (and I am) this is one bet I would not make
01-05-2013, 11:18 AM,

The next round of Piercing the Iron Line. We have made it half way through and it has turned very bloody 35 total steps losses for the French and Germans. Highlights include the Germans breaking into the towns on board 32, French OBA scoring impressive strikes on the exposed Germans killing the very good Lt. Col., German Luftwaffe scoring impressive kills on the French 155mm and 47mm AT guns.

The French still hold the edge with only 3 more step losses for the Germans to get their minor victory, while the Germans need to take a lot more towns to even it up. But the German tank reinforcements have appeared as well as the supporting infantry. Probably one or two more session to get a conclusion either way.
01-05-2013, 11:22 AM,
The next round of Piercing the Iron Line. We have made it half way through and it has turned very bloody 35 total steps losses for the French and Germans. Highlights include the Germans breaking into the towns on board 32, French OBA scoring impressive strikes on the exposed Germans killing the very good Lt. Col., German Luftwaffe scoring impressive kills on the French 155mm and 47mm AT guns.

The French still hold the edge with only 3 more step losses for the Germans to get their minor victory, while the Germans need to take a lot more towns to even it up. But the German tank reinforcements have appeared as well as the supporting infantry. Probably one or two more session to get a conclusion either way.

01-05-2013, 11:25 AM,
Ok, I forgot that we have to edit the pics before posting....