Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low Saipan sales numbers...
04-09-2013, 09:37 AM,
RE: low Saipan sales numbers...
Sorry I've been gone so long -- it was a tough winter healthwise, and I didn't have much energy for gaming.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that Kursk and Saipan haven't done well, but if Avalanche isn't selling to retailers anymore (something I hadn't heard about either), then that would explain at least part of it. Distributor orders were a major source of income for AP when I was there, so if those have dried up, I honestly don't know what fumes they're running on.

As for customer service, Lys (and later John) and I did all of that while we were there, so now that we're gone, I'm not surprised that no customer service is happening. I know it's not happening in my case -- I never received my developer's copy of Kursk. I'd love to play the game I put so much hard work into developing, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay for the privilege.

-- Doug
04-09-2013, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM by JayTownsend.)
Don't worry, AP is doing much better than a few years ago!

Kursk & Saipan both did well on their first printing runs.

I saw Kursk South Flank for sale on Military Issue today.

AP had a lot of new material going to the printer this year.
04-10-2013, 06:10 AM,
Doug - Hope your health is improving.

It's little help in the big picture, but please know that the long time PG players on this board really do appreciate all you did for the series.

Joe
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM,
(04-10-2013, 06:10 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: Doug - Hope your health is improving.

It's little help in the big picture, but please know that the long time PG players on this board really do appreciate all you did for the series.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Yes, my health is much better now and I'm continuing to improve, so hopefully I'll be back into gaming before long.

-- Doug
04-10-2013, 02:34 PM,
Yeah Doug, I get better soon. I didn't recognize upintheattic as you!