Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
logfiles and save games
08-04-2022, 01:17 PM,
RE: logfiles and save games
(08-04-2022, 09:31 AM)cyberjockey Wrote: >>I have a Mac mini and an iPhone so I guess we could FaceTime or whatever. <<

Perf.

>>...my smack talking has lost a lot of smack.<<

I practice with Treadasaurusrex. It is a grueling smack workout, but we do what we have to...

>>I'm still good for Friday if you're still looking to do that. <<

Yes. 15:00 Pacific time. That is as early as I can knock off. 

>>Would we both need to have the game files for the PG game (in my case Invasion 1944) or would only the person hosting need them?<<

Yes it turns out that we do. but that is no problem. I have Invasion 44 so we're good. I think that once you have passed the Academy you would be OK to play if either one or both have the game. If we were FTF and I came over I could certainly play a game you had without owning it myself, but I will defer to people here if there are other opinions. I would NOT want to play a game with you that neither of us had, but I am not sure that is correct in context of PG and the understanding with APL.

>>So if we both need to have the game files for the server, it might not be a bad idea to reload the Invasion 1944 game files from the academy hub. <<

I will re-download it. Thanks for the heads up. @ployd is really good about that. He does so much of the work. 

>>I currently have no cats that could sit on my game and mess it up. But I have had cats before and I have had that happen.<<

I currently have a goat living in our home but I cannot recount the horrors of her mischief here. 

I will message you with phone and contact info. I think a call would be fine and no need to skype if you're in the Apple ecosystem

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
08-05-2022, 10:25 AM,
1500 Pacific (1800 Eastern) works for me. I also have an iPad so I am very much in the Apple ecosystem but it is wi-fi only so I would have to use the phone for calls. 

I used to be in the Army so I know the 24 hour clock. I also use it at my job so it's pretty much second nature to me. But I sometimes forget that many people don't know it and then I have go back to the 12 hour clock.

I was light (i.e. slogging on foot) Infantry for my first 4 years and then changed to Aviation. I always like to say 'I got smart and got out of the Infantry'. Never got mech infantry so I have no idea of tactics for tanks or other APC's.

I can't guarantee that my tactics will be anything resembling tactical brilliance. Mainly because that was 1981-1985 when I doing the Infantry and I never got promoted to be an NCO so I was just always being told where to go and what to do when we were playing in the woods or the snow or the snowy woods (in Alaska).​​
08-05-2022, 11:33 AM,
(08-05-2022, 10:25 AM)cyberjockey Wrote: 1500 Pacific (1800 Eastern) works for me. 
Perfect. I sent my contact info in a PM to you here. LMK if it doesn't work

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
08-05-2022, 12:02 PM,
I just went in there and the contact info was there. Sorry I didn't answer the other PM's but I hadn't really kept an eye on the PM link at the top of this page to see there were other PM's in there. I have sent you my contact info in a PM.

I guess we can continue to coordinate/arrange the game through the PM side.