Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to start in 2022?
05-27-2022, 07:12 AM,
RE: Where to start in 2022?
(05-27-2022, 12:29 AM)Shad Wrote: I think Eastern Front Deluxe and Battle of the Bulge are not getting the respect they deserve in this thread so far. Those are landmark titles in the series. Both would be great options for the solo player who can enjoy the entire scenario by playing both sides at once. Both have a nice mix of smaller and larger scenarios. All of the newer games mentioned can be played against some of these charming lads over VASSAL using their copies if they're kind enough to invite you and set up the scenario for you.

If you can get copies of EFDx and Bulge at low prices in good condition, do so. I'll protect you from these PG young-uns with my cane Tongue
You've said the magical words, I really enjoy playing solo my wargames, sitting at the table and studying the rules at my own pace.
If Eastern Front Deluxe and Battle of the Bulge are good for that, It's a good option for me.

(05-27-2022, 12:42 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: The Vassal Academy and mentoring have been mentioned. Regrettably, it is a necessary pitb until APL says otherwise. There you either play 2 full scenarios (Self-play), play the mentoring scenarios (self-study), or get a mentor and play the mentoring scenarios. For us, self-play is the easiest mentoring takes more time. There is no rule that says you need to play your scenarios alone. Self-play and self-study scenario plays may be done with someone else. Mentoring path is obviously done with someone else. If you are ready to jump in, I suggest get a game, find an online opponent who doesn't sacrifice virgins, and go the self play path.

As I said, I usually play solo so for me, self-play is not a problem.
About start, I'm not anxious Smile , just really interesed. I think that I will take some box and I will start with it, studying at my own pace and when I'm ready, I will enter to the vassal.

I will check what games are on regular store and what prices. For now, I found a pack of a EFDx and a Bulge for 70$, it seems like a good option to start with.

Thank for all your advices, guys!!