Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IA Fall of Empires ship date
03-19-2021, 01:02 PM,
RE: IA Fall of Empires ship date
I got mine last week. Very disappointed in that it didn't come in a box.  Originally ordered on July 5, 2015. Ordered Fall of Empires, and Lawrence of Arabia at that time, which qualified me for the free Edelweiss division counter sheet and the Russian Imperial Guard counter sheet.  After nearly 6 years for this to arrive in a baggie is kind of a slap in the face. 

I know he's had some issues with his box source, but this just really leaves a bad taste. This was supposed to be a large boxed game, that was split into two modules, for 'reasons'. So is everything coming in a baggie now?  Will the former Lawrence of Arabia (which was also split in two) also get the baggie treatment?  For what I (and many others who support APL) have invested in a backlog of APL titles, I think he really needs to step it up a bit.
Just my two cents.
03-20-2021, 07:25 AM,
I am also disappointed Fall of Empires came in a ziplock. While I understand the combination of Fall of Empires and Franz's Josef's Armies will include 6 maps, 781 counters and 70 scenarios (same number of maps and counters as the initial configuration of the product but 10 additional scenarios), I would have much preferred a box over 10 additional scenarios. Disappointed but not enough to upset me. I am also midly disappointed 4 of the maps are copies of maps I already own.

I have not been a Gold Club member for 6 years so I am in the dark as to what will replace Lawrence of Arabia. The game was to have eight maps, 869 playing pieces and 45 scenarios. I assume it's Sino-Palestine (SP) + The Arab Revolt (TAR) + something else because SP and TAR include 6 maps, 605 counters and 76. While the number of scenarios for SP+TAR is much higher (76 vs 45), it's also 2 less maps and 254 less counters. Can someone respond here (or send me a private email) if there is another supplement included in the new configuration.
04-08-2021, 01:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 05:48 AM by Greyfox.)
I got my shipping notice.  I bought Infantry Attacks back when it was $99.00 before Dr. B split it into two different products.  He stated that those who bought it would get both.  I put in my legacy order last week, and AP honored it.  Can't wait to get it in hand (even without a box). Don't know if the  Edelweiss Division or Russian Guard Division supplements, which were promised to those who bought both, end up not part of the deal for guys who bought it before the split, but regardless I will walk away happy - I got one helluva deal.

Mike
04-13-2021, 02:28 PM,
(04-08-2021, 01:56 PM)Greyfox Wrote: I got my shipping notice.  I bought Infantry Attacks back when it was $99.00 before Dr. B split it into two different products.  He stated that those who bought it would get both.  I put in my legacy order last week, and AP honored it.  Can't wait to get it in hand (even without a box). Don't know if the  Edelweiss Division or Russian Guard Division supplements, which were promised to those who bought both, end up not part of the deal for guys who bought it before the split, but regardless I will walk away happy - I got one helluva deal.

Mike

I got it today.  Miss the box, but like the components.