Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IA Fall of Empires ship date
02-27-2021, 08:02 AM,
IA Fall of Empires ship date
Has anyone got their copy yet? I ordered a while back And wonder if they put out an update in the golf club or somewhere on line.
03-01-2021, 02:24 AM,
RE: IA Fall of Empires ship date
(02-27-2021, 08:02 AM)paschalawag Wrote: Has anyone got their copy yet? I ordered a while back And wonder if they put out an update in the golf club or somewhere on line.

I have not received my shipping notice yet.

Does anyone know if people who pre-ordered Fall and Empires and Lawrence of Arabia will receive Fall of Empire (without the supplement) at this time?
03-01-2021, 07:39 AM,
I think there was something about that over on Consim a few months ago. I think we were going to get both parts of Fall and Empires, but one of the Lawrence of Arabia split.

I wonder if those of us who pre-ordered Fall and Empires back when Edelweiss was a freebee, will still get that.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-01-2021, 08:25 AM,
(03-01-2021, 07:39 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I think there was something about that over on Consim a few months ago. I think we were going to get both parts of Fall and Empires, but one of the Lawrence of Arabia split.

I wonder if those of us who pre-ordered Fall and Empires back when Edelweiss was a freebee, will still get that.

When lawrence first split around this time last year, gold club was told 

"Lawrence of Arabia breaks the deadly $100 barrier ($119.99) so it’s splitting into two items: the boxed game Sinai-Palestine and the book The Arab Revolt. If you ordered Lawrence, you get Sinai-Palestine and The Arab Revolt at no additional charge. 
Likewise, we shaved off part of Fall of Empires into the book Franz Josef’s Armies to bring the price down to $79.99. If you ordered Fall of Empires before we dropped the price, you’ll get Franz Josef’s Armies at no extra charge. We’ll honor the old company’s ancient (pre-2012) pre-orders for Fall of Empires, but those won’t include Franz Josef’s Armies."

No idea if that still holds true or if these are even still the product names. 

I'm well past "I'll believe it when I see it mode", so I guess we may find out some day in the future.
03-06-2021, 12:46 PM,
Got my shipping notice tonight. My order was old, but not old APL ancient for what thats worth.
03-06-2021, 06:16 PM,
Hey, I bought the old infantry attacks back when it was $99.00.  If I remember correctly back in the day Dr. B stated that they were breaking IA into two games and that anyone who bought the would also get Fall of Empires.
     Is my memory faulty or does anyone else remember that?

Mike
03-06-2021, 10:07 PM,
(03-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Greyfox Wrote: Hey, I bought the old infantry attacks back when it was $99.00.  If I remember correctly back in the day Dr. B stated that they were breaking IA into two games and that anyone who bought the would also get Fall of Empires.
     Is my memory faulty or does anyone else remember that?

Mike

Yeah, it was something like that. From what I've heard, you should still be getting Fall of Empires, but not the supplement that was additionally broken out of Fall of Empires (Franz Josefs armies? or something like that). I think you are also at the very end of the line to get them for ... reasons.

Of course those initial preorders occured back when I was in highschool so I wouldnt necessarily trust me memory either Huh
03-08-2021, 01:23 PM,
I got my shipping notice and my pre-order was placed in 2017, so not ancient.
03-11-2021, 10:31 PM,
My game arrived yesterday.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-17-2021, 08:08 PM,
(03-06-2021, 12:46 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: Got my shipping notice tonight. My order was old, but not old APL ancient for what thats worth.

My package made it up to Memphis and now has returned to Birmingham. Joys of the USPS I suppose.