Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Feature Discussion ] Multiplayer Ladder
01-05-2020, 02:40 AM,
RE: [ Feature Discussion ] Multiplayer Ladder
I'm in. I'm working on clearing the table off this weekend, now that the holidays are over, so I'll have my gaming space again!!
01-05-2020, 02:57 AM,
Something else needs to get done first. Not everyone has a lot of space. Coming soon, I hope.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-05-2020, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 08:38 AM by saracv3.)
The number of boards might be decided by poll. Size does matter. Under Peter’s point system, everybody should probably play one board size scenarios. In addition, if the group is playing different size scenarios, the asymmetric time to play scenarios will affect the time in posting results. If a pair is playing a four board scenario with a large amount of counters will probably be much slower in finishing than a one boarder with fewer counters. The turn length will also matter.

But personally I can do four boards with comfort; six uncomfortably.

01-05-2020, 10:10 AM,
From what I understand, the competition will be based on on an alternate double play, of published scenarios. Agreed alternates or home grown may be allowed, but I don't know that. Drew was going to add a feature to the search engine to return on random result. There may be an feature to search only commonly owned games by 2 or more players, But I don't know about that part either.

So let's assume that Craig challenges me. We both own Pusan Perimeter, and the system has chosen scenario 21, "Counter Attack at Chonui", from that game. We flip a coin, Craig is the Americans for the first game. We play that way, then switch sides and play another game. with each game we both get points based on our victory level, draw, maybe even defeat (not sure). After both games which of us has the most points wins the challenge.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-06-2020, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 05:32 AM by saracv3.)
Tongue  RE: [ Feature Discussion ] Multiplayer Ladder
Two words, Mr. Lloyd: Challenge Accepted! Tongue
01-06-2020, 05:39 AM,
01-14-2020, 11:01 PM,
I think the only fair way to play PG competitively is to play a scenario twice, switching sides. It helps balance, but even then it won't be entirely fair if neither player has played that scenario before because whoever gets to play as the "weaker" side in the 2nd game will have more situational knowledge to use based on the first game.

A perfectly balanced PG scenario would be boring anyway Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-15-2020, 01:35 AM,
(01-14-2020, 11:01 PM)Shad Wrote: A perfectly balanced PG scenario would be boring anyway Big Grin

I think it would be great, as long as it isn't too brittle. Then it all comes down skill and luck.

Getting back to fairness, generally I think the players unfamiliar with a game scenario should take the side that wins the most statistically, followed by lower ranking player choosing the first match-up, lastly ask George to settle it. [Image: 220px-ATB_silver_bullion_quarter_obverse.jpg].
01-15-2020, 03:31 PM,
Tails! I win! Next!

Craig M