Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
05-13-2018, 08:45 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Congratulations!

And send him my thanks for serving his country.
05-13-2018, 04:49 PM,
(05-13-2018, 05:33 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Today, PG-HQ 1LT TheDoctor commissioned as a 2LT in the US Army (active duty, armor). Off to ABOLC in one week!  

Tell him he's falling behind in his PG playing! Can't have mismatching ranks! Tongue 

I'm sure you're very proud. Congratulations to both of you. I hope he is fortunate enough to serve entirely during times of peace.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-14-2018, 01:14 AM,
(05-13-2018, 04:49 PM)Shad Wrote: Tell him he's falling behind in his PG playing! Can't have mismatching ranks! Tongue 

I'm sure you're very proud. 

He was a sophomore in HS when he joined PG-HQ, but I introduced him to PG a few years before that: as I recall, Szekesfehervar Airport was our first for-real scenario.  That was when I was first exposed to the oft-repeated frustration that "TheDoctor" could flip 90%+ the better leader. :Confusedhakes head::  I hope that lady luck follows him forward.  

He had this large hardwood floor space under his bunk bed that was dedicated PG layout turf.  
01-06-2019, 08:00 AM,
Hi all,

I'm Zac, from Hobart in Australia.
I'm not a PG player- yet- but interested in the system. I've been lurking the forums for a little while.
Currently I play other board games, and not just exclusively wargames. I enjoy ASL and ASLSK, and have been learning to play D-Day at Pelieu. I also play go/weiqi, attending a club usually once a week.
Looking forward to getting to know you all and the PG system.

Cheers,
Zac
01-06-2019, 09:11 AM,
Welcome to the Forum, Zachary.
01-06-2019, 01:20 PM,
Hi Zac. Nice of you to join us. What does your library look like and what is your edification scheme? Are there players in your area?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-06-2019, 08:46 PM,
Sorry I'm not sure I follow?
No local players that I know of, plenty of guys seem to be playing Bolt Action and Flames of War... I've tried finding local ASL players too, and found just one. He plays other hex and counter war games too so might give PG a try.
Otherwise I don't mind playing solo, that's how the majority of my ASL play happens. What's the general consensus r.e. playing both sides in PG? Is there any hidden information?
01-06-2019, 11:51 PM,
Because of my crazy work schedule, I hardly have time to see family let alone other gamers, so I think PG plays great solitary.
01-07-2019, 02:58 AM,
PG is great solo, as one has the history of most skirmishes for estimates of both troop placement and strategies used for both sides, coupled with the randomness of die rolls. So, the randomness adds variance and strategic adjustments as one plays along, while trying to do the best for both sides. Hidden units are a bit tricky in solo, but can be done with the hidden counter trick shown in the rules, and things like minefields and strongpoints just have to be picked and placed blind. I play a number of different wargames, as I'm guessing most do, but PG is always my "go-to" game. It is the one I always return to after interspersing others.
01-07-2019, 09:10 AM,
Nice to see another weiqi player about! Do you play online or just at your local club?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...