Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
02-06-2016, 12:52 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
(02-04-2016, 12:57 PM)ibtuten Wrote: Hello all! I just picked up the free set, devoured the rules, and immediately picked up Elsenborn Ridge on eBay for $20. What a cool system! I'd love to find some VASSAL opponents one of these days. I only have myself to play with currently.

HOLY SHIT IT'S TINY RICK!   Big Grin Welcome aboard! You will find more VASSAL punishment than you can handle here, I assure you! Wink
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-07-2016, 08:05 AM,
(02-06-2016, 12:52 PM)Shad Wrote: HOLY SHIT IT'S TINY RICK!   Big Grin Welcome aboard! You will find more VASSAL punishment than you can handle here, I assure you! Wink

Big Grin

I have a feeling I'll fit right in here Smile
04-21-2016, 01:18 PM,
Smile  RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
   My full name is Dean Duff Hickman II.  I was born and raised in Southern California.  

I went to and graduated from California State San Bernardino with an accounting degree, although accounting is not my profession.  The accounting background helps me in understanding business related stuff which comes in handy.

My interest in gaming started in College because I was exposed to Roleplaying games, ( D&D 3rd edition).  I enjoyed roleplaying,  but my group in college started to break up.  While browsing for RPG goods at a local hobby store, ( The Adventurer's Guild of Riverside California) I discovered historical Wargames of the miniatures variety.  Long Story short I started playing a lot of Historical Miniature Wargames ,which eventually got me interested in Boardgame Wargames.

I  played the original squad leader, but did not like the sequence of play.  My friend was working for a games distribution company and mentioned Panzer Grenadier.  I found a pdf of the third edition rules for Panzer Grenadier.   I read the rules and liked what I saw and purchased PG Bulge, and PG eastern front.  I even found a fellow PG player in my local area and we played Panzer Grenadier face to face.  I have to be honest that my friend and I played only the small to medium scenarios.  

I ended up moving and selling off my Panzer Grendier stuff.  I still liked the platoon level tactical stuff and I ended up purchasing PanzerBlitz 2 : Hill of Death.  I only played two situations from Panzerblitz solo, situations seven and eight.  I never found anybody interested in playing Panzerblitz 2 face to face in my area so the game ended up on my shelf.  I also purchased World at War: Eisenbach Gap and played the game solo and with face to face opponents.  I think it was easier to find face to face opponents for World at War because it is a one of the Easier descendants of Panzerblitz rules wise.

I would like to try playing Panzer Grenadier again especially the newer stuff.  I will drive anywhere in Los Angeles county ( not West LA )  and Orange county for face to face gaming.

Nice to meet you. 
04-22-2016, 03:00 AM,
Dean

Welcome!
No "minor" country left behind...
10-10-2016, 10:27 AM,
My name is Erik an I'm an alcoh...wait  Big Grin

I tried to get into PG about 10 years ago, could not find any players & sold what I had. Now with the vassal mods and maybe some f2f with a little luck I'll be able to play some PG. The staggering number of scenarios in PG has always impressed me and I heavily favor tactical games over operational or strategic ones. Pusan Perimeter and Elsenborn Ridge are on the way in the mail to get me started. I'm a southern California native residing in Los Angeles.
12-18-2016, 12:52 PM,
Hey everyone,

Played this series a ton back in the day up until Fall of France or Cassino.. cant quite remember which was the latter one there... Dropped out due to some unpleasantness from Avalanche, but came across a box of the games while moving and wanted to scratch the itch again as it were. I'm currently doing a run through of the old old Panzer Grenadier/Eastern Front, and am hoping to get a few pity plays from my 40k group. Maybe it will catch on over here and I can try to dig out the rest of my old collection.

Anyways, I'll be here for the short term at least. Love that we have a more organized forum now than the old Consimworld days...

Triangular Cube
12-18-2016, 01:17 PM,
Welcome! If you see any room for improvement don't hesitate to make suggestions! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
12-23-2016, 09:41 AM,
This is a Gentleman's club for PanzerGrenadier aficionados. Kick back, pour a snifter of Cognac, and enjoy yourself :-)
12-23-2016, 10:08 AM,
Welcome!!! Where are you located? I'm near Tampa, FL.
02-19-2017, 01:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 01:59 PM by Nghanayem.)
Hey guys, I'm Nicholas Ghanayem. I was born and raised in the western suburbs of Chicago Illinois. I'm rather new to wargaming/PG, but everyone's gota start somewhere. As of the time of writing I'm a Junior in high school. All of the folks I've meet so far have been great guys, and I look forward to knowing more of you guys. May you the moral checks forever be in your favor.   Big Grin

- Best wishes Nick

Attached Files Image(s)