Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger II
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM,
RE: Tiger II
(07-20-2012, 09:03 AM)vince hughes Wrote: I go to work with a KoenigTiger counter in my underpants so my PzVI(2) are there for any potential scenario .... WAHOO !

And you wonder how old Shad and I are?! Tongue
07-27-2012, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2012, 12:36 AM by Shad.)
Dodgy Not Really Gene, I just figure he's telling us he either has a really long barrel, or he runs out of gas very quickly. One of them.
07-28-2012, 12:34 AM,
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-07-2012, 10:10 AM,
If you'd like a King Tiger on your chest, take a look at: http://shop.aviationmilitary.com/German-...nk-406.htm
08-07-2012, 10:21 AM,
Was expecting a tattoo! Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM,
(08-07-2012, 10:21 AM)Shad Wrote: Was expecting a tattoo! Big Grin

Sorry to disappoint!
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM,
(08-07-2012, 11:11 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Sorry to disappoint!

Worse still, I thought you were going to show a thoroughly squashed Soviet Sad
08-08-2012, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM by Shad.)
Quote:Worse still, I thought you were going to show a thoroughly squashed Soviet Sad

Nothing I like better than a squished Stalinite (disclaimer: a little satire there folks, nothing serious).

Guess I can look forward to a -1 reputation rating now. Back to the topic, though, the t-shirts are good quality and make for good PG gaming wear. I hasten to add that I am not a paid representative nor do I have any connection to the company: my son and I just like the shirts.
08-08-2012, 05:32 PM,
Yorek,

I asked here rather than starting a new thread:

I see 'The Doctor' played Iron Line South yesterday.

Wayne and I played this a few months ago ..... A seriously intense scenario that took us 4 sessions. Full of urban fighting in a massive built up zone (Gembloux) and at its height in our game consisted of 15 assaults going on simultaneously. Also, the Germans won in ours.

I watch for plays of this one particularly as it is such a 'grafter' and I loved it. Seeing as the French won (ie: a different result to ours), is there not a chance of an AAR on this battle or any brief resume ? I see he also played the next in the series "Piercing The Iron Line" and that looks equally exhausting in PG terms. I'd like to get this one on with an opponent too.

If you did not ftf him with these ....... You missed out !
08-08-2012, 06:51 PM,
I have not looked at this thread before, because as I normally play the Allies in FtF the less Tiger II's the better, but as the thread has gone off topic I feel that I have to comment.

I work in London and work for the police too, I love the games, crime is down, there is a feel good factor certainly in the centre of town and GB are winning loads of medals. However it has certainly curtailed my PG plays so in thate sense I will be glad when its all over. I tried to play a solo game the other day but kept my radio on to listen for Olympic news and as I am a man and can not multi-task I found it hard to concentrate on the game and kept rushing into the front room to watch the latest final.

Vince mentions how long it took to play Iron Line South and how much "brain effort" it took, I am amazed anyone could play that scenario and its sister scenario in one day as "The Doctor" has just done. Iron Line South was a great scenario and one that could have gone either way. Well worth playing.