Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Korean War Series Project!
02-17-2017, 04:10 AM,
RE: The Korean War Series Project!
After World War II, the U.S. kept the M4A3 Easy Eight in service, with either the 76 mm gun or a 105 mm M4 howitzer. The Sherman remained a common U.S. tank in the Korean War. Despite no longer being the primary U.S. tank, it fought alongside the M26 Pershing and M46 Patton. The M4A3(76)W HVSS Sherman and T-34-85 were comparable and could destroy each other, although the use of High Velocity Armor Piercing shells, advanced optics and better crew training gave the Sherman an advantage.[46] The M4A3(76)W HVSS Sherman, using 76 mm HVAP ammunition, destroyed a total of 41 enemy tanks from July–November 1950. The lighter M4A3(76)W HVSS tank became the preferred US tank in the later phases of the Korean conflict, due to the mechanical reliability of the M4, its ease of maintenance, and its driveability compared to the M26 tank.[47]
The U.S. Army replaced the M4 with M46 Pattons, an improved M26, during the 1950s. The U.S. continued to transfer Shermans to its allies, which contributed to widespread foreign use.
02-18-2017, 12:00 AM,
(02-17-2017, 03:59 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I don't know about Jumbos being all over the place in the Korean War. Most of the Sherman tanks were M4A3(76) and I get that from most of my sources. Jumbos were too heavy and slow and defeat the purpose of maneuverability. The Shermans start to get replaced with M26s and M46s with better armor but still remain in some smaller numbers throughout the conflict.

Jay
I was just refering to recent dayly content by Mike about US Army and Marine tanks. They both contain Easy Eight tanks but have a closer look to the pieces and the armor thickness...
02-18-2017, 04:44 AM,
No problem Leonard!

Another daily content on the KW: Counter-Attack.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/BattleGames.php
02-18-2017, 10:12 PM,
(02-18-2017, 04:44 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: No problem Leonard!

Ah ! I understand now: I just confused M4A3E2 and M4A3E8 !
Sorry !
02-19-2017, 04:52 AM,
Easy to do Leonard.
02-23-2017, 04:02 AM,
They just keep rolling!

Another daily content on Counter-Attack:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/CounterAttackArmy2.php
02-24-2017, 04:30 AM,
And lets keep it going!

http://www.avalanchepress.com/CounterAttackArmy3.php
02-26-2017, 06:08 AM,
Normal ordering has begun and it sounds like a 2-4 weeks delivery.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameCounterAttack.php
02-28-2017, 11:23 PM,
Gaming has slowed down since mid December but this showing up in my mail box soon could motivate me again.
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
03-01-2017, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017, 05:42 AM by JayTownsend.)
Thanks Thomas, I am looking forward to this one as well and I'll certainly get more gaming in with the finished product. Funny, this is my oldest design unpublished so far.

Followed by Korean War: Intervention, Korean War: Allies, Philippines 1941-42, Philippines Luzon 1945, Philippines Leyte 1944, Sicily (American Sector) 1943 and the latest, the Greco-Italian War 1940-41.

It should be interesting to see what Mike and the AP design team go for next.

But for now, the long awaited Korean War: Counter-Attack is in my sights. I think I first submitted it in 2013 or 2014 but we upgraded it last year and John, Daniel, Matt and Mike developed it into a fine game I am sure. I am very much looking forward to this!

With that said, I did work on the Philippines games years ago and shelved them until 2013 or 2014 or so, when I had more experience and went back at them. The Korean War project was by the far the biggest one I ever did, with four games/supplements coming out of it, covering over three years of war: 1950-1953. I might even do another supplement, on it making five products, depending on how well it does in the market for AP. The fifth product, I would have to add some Belgium's for sure but one thing at a time. The Philippines project was my second largest project, right behind the Korean War as far as massive material to read and study. Sicily was too large for one game, so I separated it out and the American Sector is totally finished on my part and when AP gets around to publishing it, I'll go back and finish the British/Canadians sector of Sicily, most likely a supplement. I recently did the Greco-Italian War 1940-41 because it interest me, I found great Greek & Italian sources and it wasn't a huge project but one that took about 300 plus hours anyway. When you figure the time, you have to include reading, research, maps, counter spread-sheet, more reading, scenario design, making to all work and back to victory conditions. Then the developers get it and you need to go over things with them as well. Then you have to hope Mike uses the most updated materials! Smile