PG-HQ Forums
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - goosebrown - 01-28-2022

Welcome and thanks for becoming the FNG so that I don't have to do it any more. 

What SWWAS games do you play/want to play?

Very interested in that.

I have the old Eastern Fleet. And some of the others. LMK if you'd like to try playing remote, I am in Oregon but there are all sorts of ways to play remote I think. 

Also a City Fight player but rusty. My old university opponent and I just got it on vassal and are trying to re-learn that might be fun to play.

I also see you have An Army At Dawn which just showed up here today. Once you are done with the Academy, we should play. I am still new so I have to talk some things out as I go, but I'm in it for the fun.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - PzIVF2 - 01-31-2022

(01-28-2022, 01:17 PM)goosebrown Wrote: Welcome and thanks for becoming the FNG so that I don't have to do it any more. 

What SWWAS games do you play/want to play?

Very interested in that.

I have the old Eastern Fleet. And some of the others. LMK if you'd like to try playing remote, I am in Oregon but there are all sorts of ways to play remote I think. 

Also a City Fight player but rusty. My old university opponent and I just got it on vassal and are trying to re-learn that might be fun to play.

I also see you have An Army At Dawn which just showed up here today. Once you are done with the Academy, we should play. I am still new so I have to talk some things out as I go, but I'm in it for the fun.

Matt: I've sent you a PM.

Rick

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 05-03-2022

Warm welcome to all of our recent self-introductions. It's amazing to me that after a decade we still have a steady trickle of new players joining the site. Smile

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - CTCitadel - 10-08-2022

Hi folks
Looking forward to playing and supporting this fine establishment
Happy 10 year anniversary

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Grognard Gunny - 01-20-2023

OK, I stand amazed! I had previousy thought that my house ruled, collected, carefully preserved and somewhat extensive collection of Panzer Blitz and Leader stuff would never be outdone, outplayed or better organized. Until I just happened across a "Battle of the Bulge" PG game. (Bought second hand.) I immediately followed up with 2 additional (more recent) games AND a set of 4th edition rules, purchased from the source....... now I have a second major game series to go with. So, my hobby DOES have a future!

GG

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Grognard Gunny - 01-20-2023

Oh... I am an old, retired USMC type who has been playing war games since I was in High School and Tactics II (AH) was hot off the press and brand new. (You can guess my age from THAT.)

Aside from that, I am a double Masters Degreed individual and now reside in North Carolina with my wife.

GG

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 01-20-2023

Welcome gentlemen! Delighted to have you!

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - cjsiam - 01-21-2023

(01-20-2023, 12:34 PM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Oh... I am an old, retired USMC type who has been playing war games since I was in High School and Tactics II (AH) was hot off the press and brand new. (You can guess my age from THAT.)

Aside from that, I am a double Masters Degreed individual and now reside in North Carolina with my wife.

GG

Also played Tactics II...and confess to using trucks to block LOS...
oh...the humanity.....
Retired into Thailand....playing my days away in my "man-cave"....
VASSAL is a god-send....
(Blessed be Saint Peter....)
cjWink

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - goosebrown - 02-17-2023

(01-20-2023, 12:34 PM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Oh... I am an old, retired USMC type who has been playing war games since I was in High School and Tactics II (AH) was hot off the press and brand new. (You can guess my age from THAT.)

GG

I started with Panzer Leader but had a copy of Blitzkrieg. Tactics II was one stop on the train before me.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - treadasaurusrex - 02-17-2023

My first AH games were Jutland, Blitzkrieg and PanzerBlitz in that order. Like Matt, I also missed Tactics II, but my first SPI/S&T games were Leipzig and Renaissance of Infantry.