PG-HQ Forums
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - cjsiam - 02-22-2020

So If I'm traveling to Vegas for work----might I entice you to sit across a board?

It's a lot safer (in many ways) than other distractions of the city..... 
Smile

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - J6A - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 02:21 AM)cjsiam Wrote: So If I'm traveling to Vegas for work----might I entice you to sit across a board?

It's a lot safer (in many ways) than other distractions of the city..... 
Smile

Certainly so!

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - saracv3 - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 02:03 AM)J6A Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 08:46 PM)saracv3 Wrote: Welkommen Mr. Afrika! I’m Craig Martin, retired academic librarian from Desert Hot Springs, CA. I am a 59 year old widower with no known children. If I knew of them, I’d hunt ‘em down for old man support. I need more APL game $$$.

Desert Hot Springs, eh?  I'm not too terribly far away in Las Vegas.   Do you ever get up this way?

Once in a blue moon. My sister rides equestrian. Just about every year he goes to the Thomas & MackAre a. I’ve always wanted to go see her, but Idontdrive anymore because of my poor eyesight. I do remember ber that you wanted to come out here several years ago, I wasn’t feeling too great at the time and let the subject matter drop.

Today things are different. My back is a bit better. Sis might let me ride in her 16 horse Peterbilt (The cavalry is allowed in trailers after all!) And, I am a huge baseball fan (Angels) Play StratOMstic baseball and football.

We’ll have to talk soon. Maybe we could get the Colorado boys to meet us for FtF. At the very least, could get Skype. I can’t play VASSAL yet due to my wonderful Apple IPad. No Java!
I’ll get you on my buddy list ASAP. Got to run an errand right now. Toodles!

Craig Martin

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - rules_heretic - 03-24-2020

Hey Shad!  Thanks for the help!  I seem to be in!

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 03-24-2020

Welcome back. Look forward to your contributions!

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Duncan - 06-27-2020

Hi gents. Not much with me. I'm in my mid-50s. I've been wargaming since the late 70s. I'm on the executive of AHIKS. It's a correspondence wargaming club that has been going on since 1966. I've done a little play tessting and editing in the past, mostly for VPG before it changed hands. I also play pathfinder when the mood hits. I'm a bit confused about whether I should replace my 3ed PG stuff or just supplement my collection. In my spare time I work at a forensic psychiatric hospital as a nursing assistant and violence prevention instructor. I play and instruct judo a couple nights a week - currently on hold because of the pandemic of course. Carry on. Smile

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - saracv3 - 07-01-2020

Hey Duncan,

AHIKS? Probably most of us remember it and AREA in The General. I’ve always wondered why AP games were not represented in AHIKS and AREA. My understanding is that these organizations aren’t exclusive to Avalon Hill games. In fact, Dr. Benninghof helped design Panzerblitz scenarios w Alan Arvold back when. This Is where the Arctic Front weapons of the Finnish Army come from like the sleds equipped w machine guns. (I can’t remember their name off the top of my head)

Good to meet you and thanks for your comment on T34.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Duncan - 07-01-2020

Any game that gets played can be rated with AHIKS. All AHIKS rated games automatically get forwarded to AREA. Yup, it still exists and it's still Glen running AREA. Man, I'm dating myself. They just need to be played and rated. Unfortunately I haven't ever seen a PG game request in my years as match coordinator. That's likely because of the lack of VASSAL accessibility. Most of our correspondence is by VASSAL with a very few still by post. I might be the only person who rates my face to face games with AHIKS. My face to face play was mostly GMT's Panzer until the pandemic isolation. Smile

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - saracv3 - 07-02-2020

(07-01-2020, 05:07 PM)Duncan Wrote: Any game that gets played can be rated with AHIKS. All AHIKS rated games automatically get forwarded to AREA. Yup, it still exists and it's still Glen running AREA. Man, I'm dating myself. They just need to be played and rated. Unfortunately I haven't ever seen a PG game request in my years as match coordinator. That's likely because of the lack of VASSAL accessibility. Most of our correspondence is by VASSAL with a very few still by post. I might be the only person who rates my face to face games with AHIKS. My face to face play was mostly GMT's Panzer until the pandemic isolation. Smile

Yeah, I’d love to try Panzer. It’s awfully expensive right now. I hope GMT puts it back in print.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 07-08-2020

Welcome Duncan! Always great to have new members with direct industry experience. Smile