PG-HQ Forums
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 05-29-2019

Welcome, Ash! You said you've been wargaming for a while. Have you ever used VASSAL?

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Coniglius - 05-30-2019

(05-27-2019, 07:50 AM)Ash308X Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Old to the war gaming hobby, but brand new to Panzer Grenadier.

I live in the middle of nowhere-ville Florida (Sebring), so I will have to travel to find any modules, but via Facebook I have a copy of Eastern Front, along with Guadalcanal.  Bought Invasion 1944 directly from AP, so I think that I'm off to a good start. (but if there is anything great for the new guys like myself, please advise).

This is probably a question that has been asked to death... so please show me (some) leniency: is there a set of published solo rules? or have any members collected a 'system' of sorts... an 'AI'?  If not, I would be more than happy to join in on the discussion & help out if possible.

Thank you to everyone in advance, I know I have a long way to go, but I hope to be a benefit to the community as a whole and contribute to the AARs & make some new friends.

Ash

Hi Ash,

My name is Lou. I live in Spring Hill (couple hours northwest of you). I've been out of touch for a few months since changing clients, but once I get through mid-July, I'll have a lot of time restored and will be able to play again.  I had a client in Birmingham, AL which gave me the opportunity to visit with Dr. Mike, the founder and creator of Avalanche Press. You'll find the folks here generally very nice and approachable. There are lots of gaming veterans here, and even a few newbies who are fitting in nicely.  If you are Vassal savvy, some of the guys are working on making the games generally available via Vassal, and I would be happy to game with you. On occasion, if we can find someplace in the middle, we can even get together for some f2f gaming.
If you are looking to expand your collection, we have a PX forum here where some of the guys occasionally sell some of their extra copies. I have a few games that I have yet to post that I would be willing to sell pretty cheap (Afrika Korps, Desert War, Battle of the Bulge, Road to Berlin, and several smaller modules). Message me if you are interested.  

Welcome aboard, and I look forward to your contributions to the group and hope to get in a game or two in the near future!!! 

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - JasonAfrika - 02-18-2020

Hello, my name is Jason aka JasonAfrika. I have been playing PG for over 20 years since I picked up my 1st game at Historicon when Mike and AP used to attend that con. Remember they always put out a "Halloween" style basket of shrink wrapped free sample counters from a variety of their games- very cool. I am currently focused on the Eastern Front and the minor Axis allies. I have multiple copies of each game as I am the dork who likes to have entire Regiments and divisions pre-made and bagged for ease of play and cleanup instead of having to build them at the game table lol. I utilize micromark army lists for alot of my OOBs. I am Always on the lookout for spare counters or sheets for sale or trade, contwct me if you have anything or are yourself looking. Would love to get rid of my Black SS sheet...I cant see it that well in my old age lol. Well I hope to make some good contacts on here. I play solo mostly or via email and Facetime with another guy- its the best we can do as I travel often for my job.
I really enjoy when people make missing or unique game pieces. I myself do not have the knowledge, skill or equipment to do much more than physically cut and paste numbers and such on units I am modifying. Nice to meet you all.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - saracv3 - 02-18-2020

Welkommen Mr. Afrika! I’m Craig Martin, retired academic librarian from Desert Hot Springs, CA. I am a 59 year old widower with no known children. If I knew of them, I’d hunt ‘em down for old man support. I need more APL game $$$.

Believe it or not, I was just thinking about our group, and was going to make a remark about hitting 1000 members, but it came and went so fast, I did not even get the chance. Maybe the guy should have got a free game or something. A used copy of EFd with a few pieces missing like the rest of us have got.

I am thinking about changing my avatar. Three choices: a picture of my cousin jLt. Col.Chris Hossfeld, (US Army),a bonafide war hero responsible for stopping the suicide truck attack on the Army base at Mosul around Christmas 2004. The guy has ta SilverStar, three Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart. OR Side Show Bob (only Lloyd knows best about this inside joke) OR a close up of the terrain of Dunkirk, a game which has driven some off sobriety by its rather “subtle” terrain. OR a bunch of other things than cats looking at you perched on a sleeping fat guy’s belly.

I’ll sleep on it as usual, and forget to log out of PG-HQ. No, I don’t run the site. I’m just getting I old.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - g1ul10 - 02-21-2020

Greetings from Italy! My name is Giulio and I play games since I was a kid. I'm 50 now. I have an extensive experience with VASSAL, I designed several modules myself, but I'm totally new to PG. I've just uploaded my first (solo) scenario and I'm waiting for the official seal of approval... Probably I've done quite a few mistakes, so please be patient! In any case, I definitely enjoyed the module. It's very well designed.

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - Shad - 02-21-2020

Welcome Giulio! I hope you can submit some AARs in Italian in the future. We have 8 so far. I want players of all nations and languages to feel comfortable at PG-HQ! Smile

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - saracv3 - 02-21-2020

Hi Giulio-

I’m Craig Martin. See above for my tongue-in-cheek biography. You’re in good company in Italy. A gentleman named Ottavio Ricchi has designed a couple of Mussolini Empire games for PG, both of which I have enjoyed so much that I’ve bought 5-6 histories on Mussolini, his army, Italian generals, and the British and Ethiopian response.

Good to hear from you!

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - g1ul10 - 02-21-2020

Thank you for the info, Craig. The games you mentioned are now on my radar. @Shad, the AARs in Italian are actually well written! Hope to be able to contribute soon... And I wanted to add that I've already received the feedback for my uploaded VASSAL log file. Two getlemen wrote me an email pointing out my mistakes and giving suggestions about the use of the VASSAL module... That's amazing! I seem to have stumbled into a great community here...

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - otto - 02-21-2020

Hello Giulio,
if by any chance you are located in Rome that would be very convenient :-)

Drop me a mail, in any case.

Ottavio (otto)

RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - J6A - 02-22-2020

(02-18-2020, 08:46 PM)saracv3 Wrote: Welkommen Mr. Afrika! I’m Craig Martin, retired academic librarian from Desert Hot Springs, CA. I am a 59 year old widower with no known children. If I knew of them, I’d hunt ‘em down for old man support. I need more APL game $$$.

Desert Hot Springs, eh?  I'm not too terribly far away in Las Vegas.   Do you ever get up this way?