Poll: Should the names and taglines of leader and aircraft extensions be updated to conform to games in print?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, players should be able to figure it out from the game package download.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Yes, it would keep the names and taglines more in line with what APL is shipping.
88.89%
16 88.89%
Use both, because I am a sadist and want to see if Peter will really do it.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renaming flowers in a bouquet.
05-23-2024, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 11:42 AM by Grognard Gunny.)
RE: Renaming flowers in a bouquet.
When I download the "sets" of files that go with each game... my machine lets me know that I have already downloaded the file(s) in question. (If there are any duplicate files in my computer already.) It gives me the option of overwriting the file with the new version (Name) or leaving the existing file in place. This is all well and good as it gives me a minimum of files to sort through when setting up a game. On the other hand, if I leave the file(s) alone, I miss out on the new game/file names, if I overwrite the file I lose the old game file names. This is no bother to a person who knows his WWII History but is quite perplexing to someone who does not know the timeline of WWII.

My vote is to keep the new games and the old games coming as they are and let the player soft them out as he/she goes along. Any other way would make for a heck of a lot of work for the one who writes the new material for the program AND create mayhem for those of us used to the old system.

GG

Messages In This Thread
Renaming flowers in a bouquet. - by plloyd1010 - 05-23-2024, 12:56 AM
RE: Renaming flowers in a bouquet. - by Grognard Gunny - 05-23-2024, 11:38 AM
This is what it looks like - by plloyd1010 - 05-24-2024, 02:56 AM
RE: Renaming flowers in a bouquet. - by Tambu - 05-27-2024, 03:12 AM