Poll: Should the names and taglines of leader and aircraft extensions be updated to conform to games in print?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, players should be able to figure it out from the game package download.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Yes, it would keep the names and taglines more in line with what APL is shipping.
88.89%
16 88.89%
Use both, because I am a sadist and want to see if Peter will really do it.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renaming flowers in a bouquet.
05-23-2024, 12:56 AM,
Renaming flowers in a bouquet.
APL has been using counters from older games to jump-start new games. Eastern Front Deluxe counters for Fire in the Steppe and Armata Romania, White Eagles for The Deluge, that sort of thing. Now it's happening again with Dragon's Teeth.

So here's the question: Should I update the names and taglines of air and leader extensions to those games now in print? I would not be changing extension ID's. I would not be renaming to acknowledge revisions, Elsenborn Ridge would not be renamed for Elsenborn revised.

I am thinking about this mostly for newer Vassal players who might be confused by older game references that they may never see. Something like, "Soviet aircraft from Eastern Front Deluxe", wouldn't make much sense. We older PG players might have some consternation of seeing, "Soviet aircraft from Fire in the Steppe", when playing a scenario from March on Leningrad.

As a third option, I could have the renamed/retagged versions parallel to the old ones. I don't like that so much because it would take a lot of reworking the game packages. But, it is an option.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
Tankodactyl, chaco, treadasaurusrex like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
Renaming flowers in a bouquet. - by plloyd1010 - 05-23-2024, 12:56 AM
This is what it looks like - by plloyd1010 - 05-24-2024, 02:56 AM
RE: Renaming flowers in a bouquet. - by Tambu - 05-27-2024, 03:12 AM