Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking back from a Designer's view:
04-08-2022, 06:49 AM,
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view:
Hi Rick! In regards to making a balanced scenario, I can't claim all mine are but I try. First I read as much materials as I can, divide the battle into manageable scenarios, find what units participated, see what platoon level units I can create from this, then come up with some sort of homemade maps I can use. Then take on one scenario at a time. Obliviously one side won historically but maybe a scenario can be made, so each side has a chance to do better or the same as the actual outcome. Maybe one side has three times the units for example but can they take some objectives: towns, roads, hills and so now in a time frame or without losing a set amount of units. There are so many victory objectives you can set and sometimes you can just read about what actually happened and try to keep the victory for either side in that parameter, other times that might not work, so you can set victory levels for each side, based on many things, units lost, units exited, victory objectives conquered, time frame and so on. Play a scenario a few times and adjust the victory conditions if needed.

Now as far as theĀ 1982 Falkland Islands, I think this would made and excellent 20 scenario game and because it is 1982 it would fit well in the Modern PG games section. I have always wanted this game in the PG games line up. If you can run it by Mike and see if he is interested.
treadasaurusrex likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view: - by JayTownsend - 04-08-2022, 06:49 AM