Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time frame for review of logged files?
05-18-2020, 06:06 AM,
RE: time frame for review of logged files?
The Academy is how we were able to get APL to go along with the Vassal idea in the first place, they have the copyright. It understand how important that is, count the number of SPI and GDW games available on the Vassal site. The dearth of those titles is due to copyrights being unclear or withheld (They explain explain that somewhere on the site.)

Reviews are by volunteers. The trouble is, being volunteers, we have other stuff to do and energy level varies at times. In my case, I not only do reviews, I make or coordinate the new games for Vassal, define the game packages, help with the PG-HQ site at large, take a night class and still have a regular life to live. I usually pick up logfiles on Monday morning, and do them during my lunch break.

Focus was originally on 3rd edition games. The PG Über project had a clandestine beginning. If it got loose without permission, we didn't want APL getting lawyers an forcing the site to shutdown. Now that we are legal, with the condition I explained above, we can build support for 4th edition games, In fact Dr. Mike has suggested that we do. Then again, it is still a volunteer effort.

Dunkirk, Fall of France, South Flank, Burning Tigers, and Africa Orientale Italiana are now supported. Broken Axis will be supported in the June update. Saipan and Mariannas should follow soon, or be up in the September update, if they require changes to existing files. The Korea games, Modern and Infantry will be supported, but they will need slight modifications to the base module.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: time frame for review of logged files? - by plloyd1010 - 05-18-2020, 06:06 AM