Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows update destroyed my logfile!
02-29-2020, 05:58 AM,
RE: Windows update destroyed my logfile!
Welp, I just lost ANOTHER turn's logfile due to computer freeze-up. Thanks again, Microshit. 

This could be avoided if they would just let you save the actual log file whenever you wanted, rather than it only being able to save when you quit out of VASSAL. Am I really supposed to be quitting out of VASSAL every time I have to stop playing? I only have 15 minute dribs and drabs of time to do this in (given busy life things mentioned above). That coupled with my naive trust that I can just keep a computer with a Microshit operating system running and everything will be fine is my downfall, I guess.

I have taken the precaution of entering all my text describing the action into a text file. And I will have a complete description of the action in that file. But only 2 out of the 5 turns in the actual VASSAL log file! Which I guess is kinda defeating the purpose of the Academy  Big Grin . But I guess this will teach me to quit and restart VASSAL after every PG activation!  Smile Angry Angry Angry

Messages In This Thread
Windows update destroyed my logfile! - by patman - 02-11-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: Windows update destroyed my logfile! - by patman - 02-29-2020, 05:58 AM