Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RKKA Tank Leaders (K:SF)
06-30-2012, 12:39 PM,
RKKA Tank Leaders (K:SF)
I'm setting up Kursk: Southern Front #4 "Striking Back" and the reinforcing 96th Tank Brigade has 5x Tank Leader. I see that they do not benefit from Armor Efficiency, but regarding their morale...is it simply the RKKA Morale, in this case 7/6?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
06-30-2012, 01:39 PM,
RE: RKKA Tank Leaders (K:SF)
(06-30-2012, 12:39 PM)pmaidhof Wrote: regarding their morale...is it simply the RKKA Morale, in this case 7/6?

Yes, they do have the RKKA Morale. Note that tank leaders are part of their assigned tank for morale purposes. A tank with an assigned tank leader makes only one dieroll for a Morale Check or a Recovery attempt, and the result applies to both the tank and the assigned leader. Tank leaders may not assist other units (6.82).
07-02-2012, 08:28 AM,
Unsolicited advice - if the AFV counters lack ID numbers (this varies by game) I like to denote tank leaders by including a marker under the counter. This elevates it a bit and makes it easy to remember who can command who.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-03-2012, 04:18 AM,
Interesting idea. And one could make aup a cool "tank leader" counter for this too.
07-03-2012, 04:44 AM,
I've wondered why APL decided not to have amor leader counters given the focus on leadership in PG.
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM by larry marak.)
Maybe armor leader counters would lead to excessive armor piercing assassination attempts. Now in a lower level game (i.e., Advanced Tobruk scale single vehicle, the leaders' tank would be covered in radio antennae and be an obvious target, but at PG scale his vehicle is just one in a platoon of tanks, and should be relatively inconspicuous.
07-04-2012, 04:52 AM,
I honestly can't remember why there weren't any tank leader counters included in PG, but my suspicion is that there wasn't enough room on the two countersheets that came with the original PG game back in '98. The Soviets already have very few regular leaders while they need all the units they can get, so to burn more countersheet space on tank leaders would have probably done the Soviets more harm than good.