Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotting – some observations
10-28-2014, 07:04 AM,
RE: Spotting – some observations
The difference between scenario 1 & 2 is simply that the AT gun fired in scenario 2 and has revealed its position.

In scenario 1, the Shermans advanced nearer and simply the closer range has helped reveal the enemy. Whether the M18's were 1 hex, 2 hexes or 3 hexes further away, that equates to another (in order) 200-400-600m away. PG does not have an area fire rule. If it did, then maybe there would be a way to allow such units to lay down a suppressive fire on the say so of the Shermans intel. For now, I wouldn't even think of comms being the issue, but simply the distance and the ability to see that far away (whether informed or not).

In scenario 2, i just see it that the AT gun has revealed its location and therefore the newly arrived M36's attain the knowledge of his whereabouts. Remember, although we play it as a series of turns each activations, it is meant to represent a simultaneous 15 minute period and sometimes it isn't. To reconcile it in your appreciation of the situation, you need to think that although you have or may have rolled for the fire of the Shermans before the arrival of the M36's, it is in fact still going on. Even if the Shermans do not fire, maybe the AT guns are blatting away as the M36's arrived.

scenario 3 - The rules state "If the spotted unit moves". One of the attractions of PG for me was the simplicity. I'd simply stick with the rules rather than involve myself in changes. That said, I am a face-to-facer player and never solo. If I were solo, I'd do the heck I wanted LOL !!

Messages In This Thread
Spotting – some observations - by Bluebell88A - 10-28-2014, 06:38 AM
RE: Spotting – some observations - by vince hughes - 10-28-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Spotting – some observations - by Matt W - 10-28-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Spotting – some observations - by Matt W - 10-28-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Spotting – some observations - by Matt W - 10-28-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Spotting – some observations - by zaarin7 - 10-30-2014, 02:30 AM