Poll: Do you play GWAS and/or SWWAS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
30.43%
14 30.43%
Yes, GWAS
10.87%
5 10.87%
Yes, SWWAS
6.52%
3 6.52%
Yes, both GWAS and SWWAS
52.17%
24 52.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many PG-HQ'ers are also GWAS/SWWAS players?
09-22-2014, 08:17 AM,
How many PG-HQ'ers are also GWAS/SWWAS players?
Curious about this... do you also play GWAS and/or SWWAS?
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
09-22-2014, 11:19 AM,
RE: How many PG-HQ'ers are also GWAS/SWWAS players?
I have Pacific Crossroads and Med for GWAS as well as dreadnoughts. I have played 2 PC games with Alan and have enjoyed them both. I would be willing to play more of GWAS (with that great spreadsheet you put together).

BTW - Alan and I have been in discussion on building a potential WAS-HQ site but there is nothing physical as of yet.
09-22-2014, 11:26 AM,
I started with GWAS and SWWAS. I ran out of titles to buy when AvPress was offering a "buy two get one free" sale and picked up Airborne as my free game. Since then I've been hooked on PG, largely because I can play it solo. I still play GWAS/SWWAS when I can find an opponent.

Re: a possible WAS-HQ site, I can't program, but I have all the games and a scanner, so I can send images. I'm also happy to do data entry, as Shad can attest.
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM,
I don't have the game coverage but I enjoy both series and have found that even the operational stuff can play quite well solo given the pre-plotting. I would also be glad to enter data.
No "minor" country left behind...
09-22-2014, 04:32 PM,
During the last sale picked up Coral Sea and because I wanted to hit $200 for free shipping I added Midway. I'm working though the rules now.
10-08-2014, 11:21 PM,
(09-22-2014, 04:32 PM)richvalle Wrote: During the last sale picked up Coral Sea and because I wanted to hit $200 for free shipping I added Midway. I'm working though the rules now.

Rich - I just ordered Coral Sea as well, the first SWWAS game for me. It is about 2 weeks away but we should consider playing - a battle scnario then an Op scenario. that is probably the best way to learn.
10-08-2014, 11:42 PM,
I actually got into both naval systems before PG. I resisted PG for a long time because I was like, "what, another platoon scale game?"
10-08-2014, 11:53 PM,
(10-08-2014, 11:21 PM)tlangston28 Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 04:32 PM)richvalle Wrote: During the last sale picked up Coral Sea and because I wanted to hit $200 for free shipping I added Midway. I'm working though the rules now.

Rich - I just ordered Coral Sea as well, the first SWWAS game for me. It is about 2 weeks away but we should consider playing - a battle scnario then an Op scenario. that is probably the best way to learn.

Cool! Finding a day is harder then wanting to play though. Smile I'm still trying to hook up with Tim to go over PG with him.
10-11-2014, 12:12 PM,
(10-08-2014, 11:53 PM)richvalle Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 11:21 PM)tlangston28 Wrote:

Cool! Finding a day is harder then wanting to play though. Smile I'm still trying to hook up with Tim to go over PG with him.

Gents, the GWAS and SWWAS operational games play very well at leisurely pace with the double-blind spreadsheet Russel Stolins and I created over a decade ago.

GWAS Search System v3-17

I also have an Excel-based GWAS tactical simulator as well, but less tested.

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
10-11-2014, 05:22 PM,
Well, I own GWAS Med, Plan Gold, and SWWAS Midway and Bomb Ally. I have yet to play any of them, but sure want to. Where does that leave me - yes I play them or not? Smile