Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention 2nd printing Fall of France owners
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM,
RE: Attention 2nd printing Fall of France owners
(09-02-2014, 08:06 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 06:58 AM)richvalle Wrote: Huh, I'm playing that one right now, though first printing. We're using Inf btw. Curious if it changed in the 2nd printing. Cool battle.

Just wondering about this one and if it had changed for the new Morocain Division counters.

I can't tell about the new edition but I can explain some of the background data.
Originally, 3 infantry type pieces were included in the game : Esc, inf and Res.
'ESC' comes from 'escadron' (=squadron) and is related to cavalry type units, i.e motorized infantry from mechanized divisions. More generally it is used in the game for Elite infantry units (Dragons, Hussards, Cuirassiers and Chasseurs). Strength is 4 because 2 X FM 24/29 (fusil-mitrailleurs) were allotted to each squad. However, in the 'escadrons' (instead of 'compagnies' for normal infantry), each platoon had only 2 squads + 1 cmd squad.
Normal INF had only 1 FM per squad and 3 squads per platoon.

Technically, Moroccans are normal INF units (with high morale) and my original Gembloux scenarios accordingly contained only INF units. However, they are obviously Elite units and the 4 firepower give them a nice kick.
Developer's choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attention 2nd printing Fall of France owners - by leonard - 09-02-2014, 07:42 PM