07-27-2014, 11:56 AM,
Lawrence of Arabia
Lawrence entry is up, and linked to the IA page:

Infantry Attacks: Lawrence of Arabia

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
08-02-2014, 04:50 PM,
RE: Lawrence of Arabia
I was thinking about getting this one even though WWI is not my thing. Only thing holding me back is the cost on it and trying to justify getting it even though my contract job ended in June. I guess if I have or get employment again soon, before the Gold-Club offer expires, I'll most likely buy it, as I like the subject.
08-03-2014, 08:11 AM,
(08-02-2014, 04:50 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: I was thinking about getting this one even though WWI is not my thing. Only thing holding me back is the cost on it and trying to justify getting it even though my contract job ended in June. I guess if I have or get employment again soon, before the Gold-Club offer expires, I'll most likely buy it, as I like the subject.

Oh Yes I am getting this one. I am a big Allenby fan! as well as Wavell who basically set Allenby up for success before he culminated.
08-03-2014, 08:24 AM,
Before any previews, anybody taking any guesses on the colour background of the Turkish regular forces (ie- standard pieces rather than 'specials' etc) ?

And will they have the big red Turkish flag and crescent/star along the top of the counter.
08-03-2014, 08:25 AM,
In fact, going on from there I wonder what the British will have at the top of their counter ? The Union flag may be a bit too busy ?
08-04-2014, 05:58 AM,
Might have the crown again or maybe the air insignia, i.e. the blue dot inside the red circle (or vice versa).
08-04-2014, 07:16 AM,
Are most of these battles going to be open desert battles? Would this be the WW1 equivalent of PG's Afrika Korps?
warstudent aka Jim
08-04-2014, 08:47 AM,
The theatre had everything from mounted cavalry and camalry to long range desert patrol sorts of things with armed Model T trucks and Rolls Royce armored cars. After focusing on this theatre for miniatures gaming, I may just have to get this.
08-04-2014, 10:11 AM,
(08-04-2014, 07:16 AM)warstudent Wrote: Are most of these battles going to be open desert battles? Would this be the WW1 equivalent of PG's Afrika Korps?

Open Desert, Sinai, Oasis and salt marshes around Romani. hilly, rocky, agriculture and urban areas of Gaza battles I and II, not to mention amphibious operations on the coast. Urban battles around Aquba. And of course all the rugged terrain you find throughout Palestine up to Damascus.
08-05-2014, 11:04 AM,
I caved in and pre-ordered Infantry Attacks: Lawrence of Arabia! It is one of the few subjects on WWI that interest me!