Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GWAS/SWWAS players? A site of our own?
07-27-2014, 12:00 AM,
RE: GWAS/SWWAS players? A site of our own?
I have a couple of the games but if there was a site, I would be more likely to play the games. I have played twice with Alan and it looks like a few of the Chicagoland players would be willing to play so that would give me FTF opponents. being able to log plays and even incorporating the Ship Log Tool Alan speaks about would probably do for GWAS what this site has done for PG.

I can probably attempt taking a stab at getting the site up and functional as I am a software developer by trade, however, almost all of my professional experience is in C#, VB, ASP.NET and MS SQL Server, where my knowledge of PHP/MySQL (which is what PG-HQ is developed in), is limited to tinkering around with it.

I did in fact attempt to help Shad at one point, though I would have needed to learn PHP (the MySQL isn't the difficult part) and then figure out the layout of the site. That attempt was difficult for me as I had to both find the time to get the few items worked out that he had asked me to try (I am truly sorry that I couldn't follow through on those, Shad ) while trying to learn PHP.

I would be willing to give it a try - however, it would be a SLOW process - I have become more familiar with the programming structures used in this site but still would have a long way to go.

Messages In This Thread
GWAS/SWWAS players? A site of our own? - by stear - 07-26-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: GWAS/SWWAS players? A site of our own? - by tlangston28 - 07-27-2014, 12:00 AM