Poll: Decapitation should be clarified as follows:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
...it can happen an unlimited number of times in a battle, progressing further and further down the chain of command as leaders are killed.
37.93%
11 37.93%
...it can only happen once per side per battle.
62.07%
18 62.07%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] 6.72 Decapitation (Now voting for clarification! Come make yourself heard!)
08-26-2012, 02:14 AM,
RE: 6.72 Decapitation (Now voting for clarification! Come make yourself heard!)
(08-25-2012, 11:23 AM)Drachma Wrote: I believe that if there were two (MAJORS) then you would need to distinguish DATE OF RANK to see who is the highest. However to have the decapitation happen each time the highest ranking officer is killed seems a bit far fetched when you get down into the rank of Capt. or Lt's. After all, brand new Second Lieutenants are almost considered as cannon fodder. Thank goodness for the Senior NCO's.

I believe this is covered in that both leaders would need to be eliminated for decapitation purposes. I don't know of any scenario that has two senior officiers of the same rank at the highest level.
08-26-2012, 03:53 AM,
Actually there are plenty of such scenarios. They tend to be somewhat smaller so that the ranking officer is usually a captain or so. I just played one that had two captains.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-29-2012, 09:00 AM,
I vote only one decapitation per side per scenario. I base this on losing the highest ranking officer reflects the shock the unit feels toward the officer who trained them, led them into battle, and with many units gives them their identity. Once over the initial shock of losing their senior officer, someone steps in and leads and the unit recovers and drives on(hopefully).
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM,
I'd go with multiple decapitations, but in cases where there are more than one leader of the same rank, decapitation happens when the last leader of that rank dies. For me, it conveys a sense of increasing uncertainty as more of the "men in charge" die off and the troops lose confidence that the remaining leaders 'know the plan.'
08-29-2012, 01:53 PM,
(08-26-2012, 03:53 AM)Matt W Wrote: Actually there are plenty of such scenarios. They tend to be somewhat smaller so that the ranking officer is usually a captain or so. I just played one that had two captains.

My bad on that one... I have read through almost all my scenario books without ever really paying attention to the "top" level leader count.