Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
07-10-2014, 02:47 AM,
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
I understand what AP is attempting to do, to reinvent itself keeping the emphasis on new material and maybe appealing to a new generation of wargamers. I'm very glad that I scored a copy of 'Guadalcanal' off the dusty shelf of a retailer for 20€ as it is going for 40-50€ elsewhere online here. In fact, I like 'Guadalcanal' so much, despite a few stinker scenarios, that I would buy a second copy of it if I could find it for 20€ again just to be able to take on all the 'Jungle Fighting' scenarios as at least three sceanrios from it require two copies of 'Guadalcanal'. With AP discontinuing many of it's older games I somewhat feel more inclined to make something like 'Beyond Normandy' (mainly for it's components) my next purchase, while it's still available, before it fades into obscurity rather than buy a new AP product. However, if I were to buy an older product from a retailer than I am doing nothing to help AP to stay in business am I?

So this can work both ways in regards to AP's sales or marketing. By me buying older products from retailers that have long since been paid for I am doing zilch for the "new" AP. Just checked the German, online retailer here and I could, for 70€ get both 'Battle of the Bulge' and 'Jungle Fighting' OR buy 'Liberation 44' for 75+ € ... guess which choice I decided to make?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production - by Brett Nicholson - 07-10-2014, 02:47 AM