Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Club
06-27-2014, 01:19 AM,
RE: Gold Club
(06-27-2014, 01:04 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Winter Soldiers, Invasion of Germany, Black SS, Workers and Peasants, and Fronte Russo are all excellent supplements.

Winter Soldiers includes many scenarios that are small enough to be excellent choices to introduce new players to the game or to play as a first game over Skype. It's the first supplement I purchased and the one I used to learn the system.

Workers and Peasants is mostly large scenarios. The counters are a little thicker than the usual die-cut counters and I like them a lot. I've played a half dozen scenarios and they tended to be very bloody affairs.

Fronte Russo is one that I will play through all the scenarios eventually. Very little armor but generally a lot of space to maneuver.

I'm playing a Fronte Russo battle face to face (meeting every 2 months) and really enjoy it. I love the idea of Italy fighting Russia. I'm playing the Italians and I'm going to lose but it's been fun. 25 turns into the 30 turn battle.

I debated against getting Winter Soldiers because I don't have E Ridge yet and it's sold out. But I need it to get over the $200 free shipping amount and I figure I'll pick up E Ridge at some point.
06-27-2014, 01:43 AM,
Several of the scenario books are looking at going out of print long-term because they won't format well to Avalanche's new outside printer, so getting the books while the getting is good is an excellent idea.
06-27-2014, 05:57 AM,
(06-27-2014, 12:54 AM)richvalle Wrote: Thanks everyone.

Agree with Daniel on Winter Soldiers. In fact, with one of the Manhay scenarios I had the greatest of fun mince-meating John Legan's American force with miniscule casualties incurred on my troops. One of my best Ops I'd say ! Big Grin
06-27-2014, 05:59 AM,
(06-27-2014, 01:04 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Workers and Peasants is mostly large scenarios. The counters are a little thicker than the usual die-cut counters and I like them a lot. I've played a half dozen scenarios and they tended to be very bloody affairs.

Now this is where we meet in taste Daniel. The W&P counters were lovely.
06-27-2014, 09:21 AM,
Quote:Workers and Peasants is mostly large scenarios. The counters are a little thicker than the usual die-cut counters and I like them a lot. I've played a half dozen scenarios and they tended to be very bloody affairs.

I tend to like W&P, many of the scenarios are well balanced and the mini campaign is very good. The book format for this is nice too with very nice articles on the 1941 Soviet military.
06-27-2014, 01:23 PM,
Fronte Russo remains one of my favorites and Ring of Fire remains my single most memorable gaming experience. Pick it up while you can and get the extra scenarios from the website.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-27-2014, 05:47 PM,
(06-27-2014, 01:23 PM)Matt W Wrote: Fronte Russo remains one of my favorites and Ring of Fire remains my single most memorable gaming experience.

Daniel did confess to me that on that particular day he played you ftf he did make the chilli con carne much too spicy !!
06-28-2014, 05:40 AM,
Ah, you noticed that it was "memorable"...
No "minor" country left behind...
07-15-2014, 03:34 AM,
Great news on todays Gold-Club!
07-15-2014, 04:17 AM,
I did end up joining (and placing the large (for me) order) and I am getting the Gold Club letters now. Smile