Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report slowness here!
06-20-2014, 08:30 PM,
Report slowness here!
Back Story
PG-HQ is on a shared host, which is the most basic (= slowest/cheapest) way to run a website. Through steady growth we are now pretty much at the max of what a shared host can support without getting too slow. By the end of the year we'll need to move to the next stage of host called VPS (Virtual Private Server). My shared hosting contract is paid through May 2015. I plan to migrate PG-HQ before it expires sometime in early 2015. Until then I will massage this and tweak that to try and keep things loading at an acceptable speed. So I need your help...

How to Help
Every time you observe a slow-loading page or a page that fails to load, please copy the URL (the link) from your browser address bar and post it in this thread. If you can provide a brief description of the event that's even better. I will chase these down one by one and squeeze out all the performance I can, reporting back each time.

I realize "slow" is subjective, but in the digital world the principle is that if your users are discussing slowness you've already failed. Like breathing, it's something that should never enter their thoughts.

So, let's work through this together!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-20-2014, 08:31 PM,
RE: Report slowness here!
My first order of business is tackling Matt's new AAR loading problem mentioned in this post.
06-20-2014, 10:05 PM,
That's a good place to start as that happens to me a lot too.
06-23-2014, 04:40 PM,
Shad,

Don't know what you have toggled with lately, but there appears to be a new error or quirk these last 2 days.

When I log in under my name the subjects bar on the left has listed new messages under FORUMS. Today for example it showed (2 new) in the forums. It showed (4 new) yesterday. When I went into the forum having seen (2 new), there were no new messages at all. When it showed (4 new) yesterday, there were just 2 or 3 and not 4.
06-23-2014, 05:13 PM,
Thanks Vince. I know exactly what caused that and will fix it tonight.
06-23-2014, 09:53 PM,
Shad,

I have had this too as well as the "new posts" showing nothing new. But when I go to the top level "PG-HQ Forums" the subfolders show some new items. In fact that is how I saw this posting.
06-24-2014, 08:33 AM,
Should be more accurate now.
06-25-2014, 07:38 PM,
Okay, haven't been able to access any new forum posts for almost two days but see that the number of posts have risen -is everyone posting here? Last one dated was from June 23rd (Today is the 25th)
06-25-2014, 09:31 PM,
(06-25-2014, 07:38 PM)Brett Nicholson Wrote: Okay, haven't been able to access any new forum posts for almost two days but see that the number of posts have risen -is everyone posting here? Last one dated was from June 23rd (Today is the 25th)

Well I got this one Brett
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM,
(06-25-2014, 09:31 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 07:38 PM)Brett Nicholson Wrote: Okay, haven't been able to access any new forum posts for almost two days but see that the number of posts have risen -is everyone posting here? Last one dated was from June 23rd (Today is the 25th)

Well I got this one Brett

Okay, and just recieved yours Vince! Maybe it's working again?