Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat Effects on Tank Riders
05-21-2014, 08:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 08:19 AM by Blackcloud6.)
Combat Effects on Tank Riders
What happens to Tank Riders when they suffer a disruption or demoralization result from DF or Bombardment, do they stay on the vehicle or do they have to be unloaded? The rules tell you what to do if the tank suffers an adverse result, the riders are unloaded but it is silent on what happens when the riders are shot at. (I'm using Liberation '44 SRs)

If they stay on, I assume that the tank can keep moving using its full movement, the disrupted passenger does not hinder the tank movement to one hex nor would a demoralized passenger prevent the tank from moving at all and towards an enemy.

(methinks the tanks rider rules were not fully thought through)
05-21-2014, 08:30 AM,
RE: Combat Effects on Tank Riders
I would vote for bailing, the tank has the option of continuing.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-21-2014, 08:39 AM,
Second sentence of SSR. Normal transport rules apply except...
05-21-2014, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 08:47 AM by vince hughes.)
Good call Alan. As I have never suffered the misfortune of having tank riders hit (nor experienced the thrill of hitting them), I missed that simple line too ... woods, trees,( light wooods and hedges) come to mind.

Thanks !
05-21-2014, 09:09 AM,
(05-21-2014, 08:39 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Second sentence of SSR. Normal transport rules apply except...

So that means they stay on the tank as the rules only say what happens to the passengers if the transport suffers demoralized or disrupted. (5.66)
05-21-2014, 10:57 AM,
With the transported unit being disrupted or demoralized, there is no explicit statement in the rules for whether they stay on the tanks or jump off. But I believe one needs to look at the effects of disruption/demoralization to guide you to an answer. Given there are restrictions on units that fail a morale check, I would say that if the tank can still activate and do anything as it is good order, but it would have to jettison the disrupted/demoralized unit because the effects of disruption/demoralization will limit both units while it is transporting. So the choice is yours, leave them loaded and try to recover it or jettison and let the tank go without them.
05-21-2014, 12:44 PM,
(05-21-2014, 10:57 AM)campsawyer Wrote: With the transported unit being disrupted or demoralized, there is no explicit statement in the rules for whether they stay on the tanks or jump off. But I believe one needs to look at the effects of disruption/demoralization to guide you to an answer. Given there are restrictions on units that fail a morale check, I would say that if the tank can still activate and do anything as it is good order, but it would have to jettison the disrupted/demoralized unit because the effects of disruption/demoralization will limit both units while it is transporting. So the choice is yours, leave them loaded and try to recover it or jettison and let the tank go without them.

That probably makes sense. I played this one having them dump and demoralized units. I bet 4th edition take the PG: Modern approach I mentioned above. It is probably the best solution because it counters no other rules.