Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Solo Hidden Units method
05-16-2014, 07:46 AM,
RE: Alternative Solo Hidden Units method
I found that it was much easier to play with hidden units solo after I had played a couple of times face to face. I don't do anything with respect to "hiding" the units but I run my unhidden side in such a manner as to ignore the exact location of the hidden units but in the knowledge that there are units hidden. As a result I run into ambushes and sometimes completely ignore a hidden force that can jump into the battle at an inopportune time.

My philosophy in playing with "hidden" units in plain sight was honed by playing the Civil War, Brigade series from the Gamers with its orders system. In that version it was noted that the system required that both players play honestly since there really was no way to provide the opponent with any way to double check short of a referee. The way I look at it, if I can't trust myself to play it straight it isn't worth playing anyway. So my hidden units aren't hidden - they form a rational part of a line and integrate with other hidden and nonhidden forces and my opponents stumble into them just the same.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative Solo Hidden Units method - by Matt W - 05-16-2014, 07:46 AM