Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PzG Modern Q: Unarmored Weapon modifier
04-27-2014, 01:03 AM,
PzG Modern Q: Unarmored Weapon modifier
Gents, I post here because
1. - PzG Mod has a lot of potential 4th ed. rules and nuances, that might be similar or different than PZG
2. - I like keeps rules discussions in one part of the forum for easier reference. If I need to repost in PZG modern I will

Ok - my question.
1. Does an unarmored vehicle (i.e portee, or Jeep with 106mm recoiless rifle) receive the +1 Bombardment Shift for "unarmored weapon" like an AT Gun/Towed Arty unit?

My assumption = yes

Justification:
1. In PzG WII the +1 bombardment shift is specifically to account for the vulnerability of Towed Gun units
2. In PzG modern the same modifier exists but is changed to "unarmored weapon" which certainly accounts for towed gun units, but why would it not account for other "soft"/vulnerable unarmored units like Jeeps, portees, etc.?

Thoughts?
04-27-2014, 02:24 AM,
RE: PzG Modern Q: Unarmored Weapon modifier
ArmyDuck,

There isn't too much on this in the clarifications and I know some where in the bowels of the internet there has been a discussion on this. Just a couple of points that have been clarified. With portee's here is the bit that I can find:

• Portees move like trucks and are targeted like trucks, but they are not transports, which means they can’t carry anything else besides the gun, and they stack as a combat unit. Each Portee unit is a gun and a truck combined. When listed in OOB, they come together, in addition to any trucks listed in that scenario. A Portee assaults with the same restrictions/leadership requirements similar to an APC.

Given this, they are targeted like trucks not like guns, I would decline the +1 shift for guns. They are unarmored so they will succumb to morale checks making them more vulnerable to disruption the demoralization.
04-28-2014, 10:53 AM,
(04-27-2014, 02:24 AM)campsawyer Wrote: ArmyDuck,

There isn't too much on this in the clarifications and I know some where in the bowels of the internet there has been a discussion on this. Just a couple of points that have been clarified. With portee's here is the bit that I can find:

• Portees move like trucks and are targeted like trucks, but they are not transports, which means they can’t carry anything else besides the gun, and they stack as a combat unit. Each Portee unit is a gun and a truck combined. When listed in OOB, they come together, in addition to any trucks listed in that scenario. A Portee assaults with the same restrictions/leadership requirements similar to an APC.

Given this, they are targeted like trucks not like guns, I would decline the +1 shift for guns. They are unarmored so they will succumb to morale checks making them more vulnerable to disruption the demoralization.

That is good stuff, I would not decline the +1 shift in PzG Modern because in PzG modern there is no +1 shift for guns, it is replaced as a +1 shift for "unarmored weapon" however you want to define it - a truck with a gun (or specifically in my scenario, a Jeep with a 106mm recoiless) seems to be an unarmored weapon and certainly is NOT an APC since it is a 2 step unit. My 2 cents. Smile
04-28-2014, 11:36 AM,
The beauty of open source game rules. We'll see what happens with the 4th edition rules.