Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now we know
03-05-2014, 11:57 PM,
Now we know
This must be why Vince & Wayne are so smug.

Now, who is this Jeremy Cox?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-06-2014, 02:03 AM,
RE: Now we know
Which means British tankers need to use on board urinals more frequently than tankers of any other nation????

Great find though......
03-06-2014, 03:01 AM,
From my personal perspective, I would like to see a keg of Guinness aboard instead. It'd be brilliant!
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
03-06-2014, 07:06 AM,
Peter,

LOL .... We had BV's in our army vehicles in the early 80's and never realised we had a bit of kit and mod-con that the Yanks didn't have (for once). Still, with all that tea-making going on, maybe you can understand why it took just a tad longer than D+2 to get past Caen .. hehe !

We also used to use our Sub-Machine Gun magazine clips as beer bottle openers in the field. The part that clasps the bullet is perfect for opening a fine German bottle of beer.

One more thing. Remember those threads about where bombs landed in London and relatives lost in the war ? That T34 as the man said is in Bermondsey. In fact in a small side road called 'Pages Walk" in SE1. That's the borough of Southwark in south-east London that I come from and where so much of 'The Blitz' fell. That tank was on my patrol ground when I policed there and has been practically every colour under the sun including pink. Pages Walk is the road my good Mrs was living when we first started dating too.
03-07-2014, 02:26 PM,
Take a look on google street view. Blends in nicely! Smile
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Page%27s+...63,,0,4.63
warstudent aka Jim
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM,
It is also proof of how the colour of T34 changes often.
03-07-2014, 08:47 PM,
They must have a few tanks like this spread out in different parts of London. When I was there about a year back there was one in the Elephant & Castle area covered with graffiti in a mini-park area. It wasn't a T-34 but resembled something like a M-5 Stuart/Honey.
03-07-2014, 09:13 PM,
Are you sure Brett that it wasn't this one. This is just off the Elephant & Castle too. I'm trying to think of any others around that way ?
03-07-2014, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 10:12 PM by Brett Nicholson.)
(03-07-2014, 09:13 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Are you sure Brett that it wasn't this one. This is just off the Elephant & Castle too. I'm trying to think of any others around that way ?

Well , I didn't get that close to the damned thing as it was clearly hazardous. From maybe 10 yards away it didn't look like monstrous like a T-34. It really looked like something smaller and American. An M-5 was the first thing I thought. Maybe I should take a second look or it could be that there's more than one tank lying around there. Actually Vince, that could very well be it but at the time it seemed a little more hidden in the brush and not as exposed as it is in the pic. I just appeared to be a very small light tank from the view I got but it did have a bunch of pastel paint all over it. I clearly would of failed as a field observer then.

Actually, I searched around the web and that is indeed a T-34 and the same one I saw passing by. I saw it from a frontal view and at the time it didn't seem like a very large tank from that view. Sorry for the confusion there!
03-07-2014, 10:43 PM,
When we play next I must enquire as to your ventures around the Elephant & Castle as that is the land I am from and also worked ... ?