Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Cassino submission document
01-27-2014, 06:55 AM,
Original Cassino submission document
Hi everyone - been a while since I have dropped in.

I have just posted the original Cassino submission document over on BGG - most of the original scenarios are very different than the ones printed - some of you might find it interesting.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/99403/...n-document
01-29-2014, 01:53 AM,
RE: Original Cassino submission document
Thanks, especially now that Cassino is facing going out of print permanently because of the expense of reproducing the extensive countersheets and maps, its great to possess the grand plan, geschiste als geshah.

I suspect that besides the cost of reprinting countersheets, the turn towards and all geomorphic map approach to all future PG products will eliminate the historical map games (Beyond Normandy and Cassino). The First two of the 4 Africa games may eventually be replaced by geomorphic maps, as that might be easier to accomplish for sand and scrub terrain.
01-29-2014, 02:00 AM,
great and, do not telly anybody, I lean toward using the original scenarios.
01-29-2014, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 06:07 AM by Hugmenot.)
How close were the final scenarios of Fronte Russo to your original submission, Otto?

I've played nine so far with another set up on the table. I will even be able to play the large scenarios (8+ maps) once I moved into my gaming room!
01-29-2014, 06:09 PM,
There were changes and in a few scenarios relevant ones.
In one case I suggested to use one overlay replacing the large town of map 2 with a smaller one by using an overlay. This would affect all scenarios related to the Christmas battle, but would have a strong impact only on one of them (woroshilowa strangle, which is one of the additional ones).
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM,
Ring of Fire from FR remains one of my all time favoriate scenarios. The research that went into the setup, etc. was phenomenal.
No "minor" country left behind...
03-03-2014, 03:52 AM,
(01-30-2014, 11:10 AM)Matt W Wrote: Ring of Fire from FR remains one of my all time favoriate scenarios. The research that went into the setup, etc. was phenomenal.

I agree ring of fire is excellent - FR remains my favorite supplement...