Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Axis Countersheet
02-26-2014, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014, 09:35 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: Minor Axis Countersheet
To Peter (again),

Have you played with (rather than finish developing) any PG counters with side-on silhouettes of AFV's ?

Probably not I guess. However, I prefer silhouette pictures of tanks on counters. I wouldn't mind the top-down pics on PG counters, but unlike ASL, they don't put them to scale with each other. This means the PzI on the counter picture looks as big if not bigger than the King Tiger.

Any chance you can produce one to picture here just for the fun of it ?
02-26-2014, 01:04 PM,
Thanks for the vote of encouragement Vince. I've made suggestions, and offered reworked and new counters to AP before. The reception was rather frost, I was just ignored. So post stuff here and on BGG.

To your second question, yes I have. I presume you want something like PB/PL counters, perhaps with a little more detail & color. I made my Moved/Fired counters like that. Silhouette graphics are easier to get. Mostly I pulled them out of SP:WaW. I could make a couple for you. What did you have in mind?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM,
I'd definitely like too see this project done. The miniatures game Flames of War range has done a much better job of covering the Axis eastern minors than APL has.
02-26-2014, 02:03 PM,
You should submit a design.
02-26-2014, 02:10 PM,
These are counters I've made:

Hungarians I haveHungarians Hungarians IntendedRomanians I haveRomanians Intended
HU AFV Pz38HU AC CsabaRO AA 13p2mmRO TD TACAM T-60
HU AFV PzIVhHU AFV ToldiRO AA 37mmRO TD TACAM R-2
HU AFV StugIIIgHU AFV Toldi IIRO AFV FT-17-37
HU AFV Tiger IHU AFV Toldi IIARO AFV FT-17mg
HU AFV TuranHU TD NimrodRO AFV TA
HU AFV Turan IIHU AFV ZrinyiRO ART 100mm
HU TD HetzerIHU AFV PzIVeRO ART 105mm
Mountain TroopsRO ART 75mm
HU CAVRO AT 37mm
HU MTCRO HMG Bdr
HU Artillery, AT & AA gunsRO IG 37mm
RO INF Bdr

I'm sure my notation code isn't too hard to decipher.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-26-2014, 05:27 PM,
All this stuff is awesome. Minor countries rock!
02-26-2014, 10:38 PM,
Peter,

Nothing in mind, I was just wondering what a proper combat counter or two would look like using side on pics rather than top-down. I don't know if you'd have to move the counter values for such a case ?
02-26-2014, 11:27 PM,
I'll see if I can knock out a couple over lunch. It shouldn't be too hard as there is a lot of space in the middle of the counters.