Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Campaigns Scenarios or Not ?
02-16-2014, 09:32 AM,
Are Campaigns Scenarios or Not ?
There's a little inconsistency with the HQ's take (and credit) for campaign games being scenarios or not.

In Winter Soldiers and Panzer Lehr, the Campaign games do not count as scenarios and therefore do not have to be played to 'complete' the series.

In Cassino and C&C2, the campaigns are given scenario status and do need to be played to complete the book.

Personally, given the size and expanse of them all, I think they should get listed under a 'Campaign' section on the library with its own icon to click on like individual modules do. Maybe an 'order' can be given for completing the scenario based on which side you represented. I also suppose some kind of arbitary points system based on the campaign size should be won as as well. As for counter and map count ? Let the powers that be sort that one.

Bottom line for me is that the Campaigns should be listed seperately from module scenarios (just like Lehr and Winter Soldiers has) and rewarded with some piece of bling for completing one.
02-16-2014, 10:39 AM,
RE: Are Campaigns Scenarios or Not ?
Campaigns are not scenarios. PG-HQ just hasn't had the time to provide a dedicated campaign management platform yet. It'll happen someday.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-16-2014, 11:21 AM,
RE: Are Campaigns Scenarios or Not ?
Oh good !