Poll: This folder is dead because...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry Attacks isn't any good
3.33%
1 3.33%
I play IA but don't talk about it
10.00%
3 10.00%
I play IA but talk about it elsewhere
6.67%
2 6.67%
IA is ok, I just don't play it much
43.33%
13 43.33%
Other reasons...
36.67%
11 36.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This folder is dead because...
02-15-2014, 01:21 PM,
This folder is dead because...
well? Rolleyes
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-15-2014, 03:20 PM,
RE: This folder is dead because...
Same as modern. I just want all the time in the world and a guarantee that games I leave set up will not be moved by my 6 year old Smile
02-16-2014, 02:55 AM,
I play a scenario solo every 6 week. I may want to try a scenario ftf or via Skype eventually but like BlackCloud on Consimworld, I like to have a game I play strictly solitaire.
02-16-2014, 05:06 AM,
(02-15-2014, 01:21 PM)Shad Wrote: well? Rolleyes

Well Shad, I think you need to clone yourself to create an IA site. I believe the only way that one knows that it is played if there are logs and AAR's. I know you and I talked about this a while ago, but it maybe time for you to build and "Open Source" community of developers for PG, IA and MG HQ's. I know there are capable people on the site willing to dive in to the code, if there can be some structured process for you farm out development.
02-16-2014, 05:08 AM,
I know I'd play IA a hell of a lot more if the OBA pre-plotting didn't put me off to what look like some really awesome scenarios!
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
02-16-2014, 09:15 AM,
(02-16-2014, 05:06 AM)campsawyer Wrote: but it maybe time for you to build and "Open Source" community of developers for PG, IA and MG HQ's. I know there are capable people on the site willing to dive in to the code, if there can be some structured process for you farm out development.

It's already Open Source in the sense that the entire codebase is hosted on BitBucket and I could grant you repo access credentials in about 4 seconds.

The problem I've run into thrice now, is that I am the only one foolish enough to program a website about PG rather than simply enjoy playing PG. Wink (except for rerathbun, he's as hardcore in support as I am, handling 99% of the game data stuff now)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-16-2014, 09:40 AM,
I'd like to get a few of the scenarios on the table. But with nocredit for playing I feel I might as well pressing on with WW2.

The artillery pre-plotting is also a little irksome for the reasons of being a bit fiddly of itself and also more importantly, not so good for Skype play when there is no opponent across the table.

Be nice if a better artillery mechanism that is not as free as PG, but not so cumbersome as IA (specially over 24 to 30 turns+ ) could be devised.
02-16-2014, 03:33 PM,
i havent even seen IA in australia. isnt there only one boxed game out at the moment with another on the way?
i will get into it when we have a western front game for IA
02-16-2014, 10:56 PM,
(02-16-2014, 09:15 AM)Shad Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 05:06 AM)campsawyer Wrote: but it maybe time for you to build and "Open Source" community of developers for PG, IA and MG HQ's. I know there are capable people on the site willing to dive in to the code, if there can be some structured process for you farm out development.

It's already Open Source in the sense that the entire codebase is hosted on BitBucket and I could grant you repo access credentials in about 4 seconds.

The problem I've run into thrice now, is that I am the only one foolish enough to program a website about PG rather than simply enjoy playing PG. Wink (except for rerathbun, he's as hardcore in support as I am, handling 99% of the game data stuff now)

Shad,

My comments are not necessarily about the code is self, but more to cultivate more support for the site. I believe you have brought PG-HQ to a critical point, but you alone cannot support the coding of all the functionality that you would like to have in there, never mind adding other sights. But I believe the main strength of this sight is getting more people to play more scenarios through the postings of plays and AAR's. Going beyond that is going to require you to have a community of site developers for you to manage. Don't get me worry, you do great work, but your time is limit, very limited as seen from the past 3-4 months. So my words of advice it to try to cultivate other coders that maybe willing to help, and I know there are a few onboard, that maybe willing to take up the cause of coding the site and others.
02-22-2014, 01:55 AM,
Being able to post AAR's would help. The series so far consists of one half of the first volume in print, plus the Chihuahua incident, a download available to Gold Club Members, and To Hell With Spain, a download no longer available, and very popular with Catalonians and Basque separatists.