Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there design-your-own (DYO) scenario rules anywhere?
06-25-2012, 05:07 AM,
Are there design-your-own (DYO) scenario rules anywhere?
Does anyone know if there are DYO rules / guidelines for creating your own scenarios for PG anywhere?
06-25-2012, 05:49 AM,
RE: Are there design-your-own (DYO) scenario rules anywhere?
(06-25-2012, 05:07 AM)drockland Wrote: Does anyone know if there are DYO rules / guidelines for creating your own scenarios for PG anywhere?

I think the PG Campaigns & Commanders have these ?
06-25-2012, 06:22 AM,
(06-25-2012, 05:49 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 05:07 AM)drockland Wrote: Does anyone know if there are DYO rules / guidelines for creating your own scenarios for PG anywhere?

Yes, that's correct. C&C Volume 1 has them for the East Front and Vol 2 has them for the desert.
06-25-2012, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 10:25 AM by drockland.)
(06-25-2012, 06:22 AM)upintheattic Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 05:49 AM)vince hughes Wrote:

Yes, that's correct. C&C Volume 1 has them for the East Front and Vol 2 has them for the desert.

Awesome. Thanks to both of you for the quick answers.
06-25-2012, 01:38 PM,
The design your own rules and point values system was published in the scenario book for original PanzerGrenadier. You have a table of point values for German and Russian units in that boxed set, as well as the purchase of morale levels. Also included are point value guide-lines for creating Attack and Meeting Engagement scenarios, and random factors to modify the point value of the attacker and defender in DYO scenarios.

This rules section was not expanded in additional PG titles and it would be great to have it reprinted as an annex to the Player's Unofficial Guide with the values of the thousand or so new units added to the lists for DYO creation.
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM,
I finished up the C&C King's Officers Campaign One with an Italian officer. Campaign Two has no scenarios for Italian Officers. I am now taking the step of researching the North African Campaign and designing scenarios for an Italian offcier from the time period from Operation Crusader to 2nd El Alamein. The officer is part of the 27th Brescia infantry division. My research is focused on materials that will enable me to build 8 to 10 scenarios for the 27th Brescia from November 1941 to October 1942.

Good old fashioned research builds the background and links the scenarios, the C&C Kings Officers rules give me the mechanics to construct the scenarios and come up with some balance. Playing them will enble me to tweak them to make it right.
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM,
(07-02-2012, 09:16 AM)Diocletian Wrote: I finished up the C&C King's Officers Campaign One with an Italian officer. Campaign Two has no scenarios for Italian Officers. I am now taking the step of researching the North African Campaign and designing scenarios for an Italian offcier from the time period from Operation Crusader to 2nd El Alamein. The officer is part of the 27th Brescia infantry division. My research is focused on materials that will enable me to build 8 to 10 scenarios for the 27th Brescia from November 1941 to October 1942.

Good old fashioned research builds the background and links the scenarios, the C&C Kings Officers rules give me the mechanics to construct the scenarios and come up with some balance. Playing them will enble me to tweak them to make it right.

Sounds great! You might want to send the campaign to AP for Daily Content when it's done.