Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] 2nd edition Vs 3rd
02-05-2014, 02:33 AM,
2nd edition Vs 3rd
I got a BoB 2nd edition unpunched in a Trade.
I've not yet played it and I'm reading the third ed rules.
I see some changes.
What I ask is: can I play this straight out of the box with 3rd edition rules?
Charts and tables are different and I downloaded em fom the AP site, but do the Scenarios need some adjustments?
Do playing them with the 3rd ed rules affect balance in some way?
Is anyone aware of this?
Thanks

P.s. I crossposted on the BGG too.
02-05-2014, 04:09 AM,
RE: 2nd edition Vs 3rd
Hi, welcome to the club.
BB is playable with the 3rd edition rules and right out of the box. The only caveat, if you could call it that, is Moved & Fired markers have been combined in the 3rd edition to be Moved/Fired markers. I think it was because having moved or fired was a distinction without a difference.

If you are into making your own counters, and you don't want separate moved and fired counters, try these. You should also download the BB charts, turn record, & assault hexes, if you haven't already. (They just look better.) Lastly, the official BB errata and corrected counters. (The errata corrections apply to both editions.)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-06-2014, 09:10 AM,
Hi Plloyd!
Thanks for your detailed answer.
I downloaded all the files you linked me to although my edition already have combined Moved/Fired counters, they' re diffrent from the ones here, they're all black and just with AFV silouettes. I prefer the ones you pointed me to anyway.
I can't stand to try this game!

Cheers

Ruben

(02-05-2014, 04:09 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Hi, welcome to the club.
BB is playable with the 3rd edition rules and right out of the box. The only caveat, if you could call it that, is Moved & Fired markers have been combined in the 3rd edition to be Moved/Fired markers. I think it was because having moved or fired was a distinction without a difference.

If you are into making your own counters, and you don't want separate moved and fired counters, try these. You should also download the BB charts, turn record, & assault hexes, if you haven't already. (They just look better.) Lastly, the official BB errata and corrected counters. (The errata corrections apply to both editions.)
02-06-2014, 09:29 AM,
Glad you like them. I was dissatisfied with how AP had mixed up functions & status on the markers in the game, so I made my own.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking