Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Sinister Forces/White Eagles] Early War SS Tactics?
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM,
RE: [Sinister Forces/White Eagles] Early War SS Tactics?
(06-24-2012, 08:44 PM)tanzerleader Wrote: Does anyone have any thoughts about what the best tactics are to win scenarios with these troops? Should one follow the historical precedent of reckless frontal assaults?

Any opinions welcome.

No, definately not ! Even the survivors of those learnt credibly from those ideas Big Grin

My next ftf is the Demyansk Pocket from that set. To be honest, I think Totenkopf are a little under cooked in some of the scenarios as Demyansk was really their awakening as a genuine fighting unit.

I think its always hard to give tactics advice as each scenario confronts the player with different situations that tactic A might not be suitable whereas tactic C might work.

I've only played a couple from SF but both have been very good. Our Demyansk coming up looks like a Soviet win as it depicts a confused 3rd SS trying to bug-out in the face of a surprise attack. Although no victory appears to be on the cards, the actual situation looks as if it will be entertaining to play through.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Sinister Forces/White Eagles] Early War SS Tactics? - by vince hughes - 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM