Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Structure and New APL Games
02-02-2014, 08:21 AM,
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games
At the risk of simply supplying more system mechanics (ah, alliteration), I would like to suggest or propose a revival of tSotM (The Scenario of the Month) with the following, er, modification to its structure:

1. The scenario chosen should be a popular and no more than moderate sized one (however that is defined). tSotM should derive its meaning for the Site from the pleasure its play (or replay) and subsequent discussion yield rather than being a mechanism for encouraging play of an arcane scenario. Perhaps they might be themed, so, for example, "river crossing," or "bridge holding" or "meeting engagement" or "winter weather" or what have you for any given month.

2. Play (and submission of an AAR) of tSotM should: (a) count as a "unique" play regardless of whether it has been played previously; (b) bounty points awarded equally to all who submit a play (and AAR).

3. Revival of the pip-art idea for designating veterans of SotM plays (that thread/idea died a rather quiet death, previously).

4. Hosting a "place" here (well, at PGHQ) with a list of tSotM's played as well as the current one. tSotM should be a Site feature, not just an MB thread.

5. To save Shad even more oversight labor, appoint a tSotM tsar (I will volunteer if no one else is interested) or a triumvirate to select, publish, and coordinate as needed tSotM. Presumably, the code/site management would still be his to effect.

I haven't passed this by Shad in advance, so I am simply floating a possibility here, not presuming to make policy.

PY

Messages In This Thread
Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Poor Yorek - 02-01-2014, 03:27 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Matt W - 02-01-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-01-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Poor Yorek - 02-02-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-09-2014, 10:35 AM